Don't Cry

Her eyes fluttered open, the quiet sound of sniffles filled the night sky as she furrowed her brows, wondering where it came from.

Probably just hearing things Juvia she thought and snuggled further into her pillow. Her eyes opened again when a loud sniffle came about and she felt a slight vibration coming from behind her. Lazily she turned over and saw the outline of her soon to be husband, but her eyes widened when she realized the shaking had come from him.

His body quivered as the nightmare raced in his head, the blood staining him felt so real, he questioned reality itself. His eyes tighten as he watched her body fall to the ground, he didn't reach her in time. He never did.

Her body let out an ear piece scream as the blade cut through her, taking away his most precious artifact.

"Gray" she called. Her voice felt so real but he knew the nightmare was growing worse and blood seeped from her mouth.

"Gray!" Another flinch.

"Gray-sama!"

His eyes opened as he felt a hand shaking him awake. Sweat dropped from his forehead and tears leaked from his tired eyes. The light from the lamp adjusted his eyesight and he found his fiances face. He let out a pant as his chest rose and fell rapidly, a cool hand was placed on his chest.

His head snapped to Juvia. Her body leaned over his slightly as she sat on her knees. Panic fled throughout her and traced small circles on his arm trying to ease his pain.

"Gray. Are you okay?" She asked, her eyes pleading for an answer. He nodded but as he looked into those blue eyes he fell in love with, he let out a sob.

She had seen him shed a tear before, even a slight whimper but nothing at this level as he clung to her body, crushing her against him as his tears soaked her night shirt.

Her hand played through his hair, a calming sensation as he sobbed recklessly. There was so much fear floating in the air and she began to whimper too.

"Please don't cry." She picked up his chin, resting her forehead against his. "Please my love, tell me what's wrong, you are worrying Juvia." She kissed his forehead as his body loosened up, the shaking dying down as he sunk into her arms.

"You were there. And then you were gone. I saw your eyes pleading for help but...I didn't make it in time." These nightmares of losing her had started since they began dating but now as their wedding bells were about to ring, they became viscous and taunting. Almost like a warning to him, tearing at his heart every time he closed his eyes.

"My love I am right here, see?" She places her hand against his reddened cheek. "Please stop crying, I hate to see you cry."

"I-I just love you...so fucking much." His grip tighten and she could feel his hot tears against her cheek as he leaned in. "So much."

Gently she wiped away the tears, his head turning in her hand, caressing her moves. She brought him to her lips, placing her mouth on to his and lead them into a kiss.

His chest returned to normal as he deepened the kiss, clinging on to her like a lifeline. It was safety, reassurance, she was home.

She broke them part, running her hand over his forehead and hair. "See? Everything is alright, you are not going to lose Juvia."

"But what-"

"No buts Gray-sama. Do you see this?" She held up her finger revealing the beautiful blue diamond that sat on the crystal band. "You are not going to lose Juvia because she and you have worked to hard to be with each other and I'll be damned if I let anything happen to you or me for that matter. Now go to sleep dear." She laid on her side and opened her arms, making him crawl between them as he rested his head on the fluffy pillow.

His tears finally dried as she held him close, kissing his forehead and cheek while stroking his hair.

"I love you so much Juvia. God I can't wait to marry you."

She giggled and kissed him one last time on the lips. "Juvia can hardly wait."

He held her tighten that night, knowing that no matter what, he wouldn't lose her.