Only A Fairy Tale

Small Drabble :) 

----

There was nothing that could convince him that love existed. It was merely a fairy tale, a lie and a scam to sell cheap chocolates and pretend that life had meaning.

He could go on and on about the made up fansties people have when they fall in love. Every song about dancing in the rain, cuddling until dawn and seeing the stars in someone's eyes made him sick. There was no point to it at all.

And he did believe it. He really did. Maybe he had convinced himself so he wouldn't get hurt, save him to trouble. Lying was what society did best, and his heart.

And then he grabbed her hand. An electrical current had run through his system as his knees dig into the tiles of the roof to save her. Her hand fit into his perfect and he avoided her eyes after staring for a little too long.

Love was dumb.

Yet everytime he laughed he couldn't help the smile that would creep up on him by surprise. The way her eyes would find the sky every so often made him beam with pride as if he was saying, "I did that."

He wanted to say that them dancing together wasn't fun but he's never laughed harder and he wanted to scream how he wasn't in love with her by the time a month had past.

He wanted it to be fake, for this to have no meaning but everytime he was getting the idea, she would kiss him in a way that would make him forget the awful thought.

It wasn't until he found her crying by herself behind the guild that all those thoughts about fake love went out the window.

The tears made his heart ache and he wanted nothing more than to scoop her up and cuddle her beyond the night time.

He wanted love to be real. Wanted those moments of pure bliss. He wanted to feel like he was dancing in the rain and cuddling until dawn.

And he did.

He felt it with ever fiber in his being as he stood by her side. The warmth and passion with even a small glance could send him into a state of bliss.

This is what love was. It was the whispers at night as he reached over and turned off the lamp. It was her head on his back as he would make coffee to cure her yawn and it was them holding each other so tight after an intense battle.

Love was real and he was captured by it.

And when she walked down the aisle and his hands lifted the delicate veil adorning her face, he saw the entire galaxy in her eyes.

She was the definition of love and he would cherish it forever. 

----