Liquid Locket

Prompt: Juvias own form of ice shell.

Enjoy!!!

-----

"Is she going to be okay?"

"Oh god we can't lose her!"

"She has to pull through!"

Lucy, Levy and Erza raced Juvias cold and unconscious body towards the nurse hall as quickly as possible. The water mage had performed a spell no one had ever seen and her body had fallen afterwards. She had turned to her water body, everyone could see the liquid flow around but as she went down, it harden. Almost like ice, Juvia was solid at the touch, something that should have been physically impossible to do, Lucy's hand should have went through the ripples but it stayed and touched the fragile skin.

"Gajeel." Gray said and Iron dragon slayer stopped as the girls took Juvia behind the door.

"What was that spell?" He asked.

Gajeel sighed and turned towards Gray. There was a look in his eye, one that Gray had rarely seen if ever, terror mixed with sadness. Gajeel took and breath and patted Gray on the back.

The ice mage followed him outside and stood behind him.

"Liquid Locket." Gajeel whispered as his eyes were trained on the dark sky.

"What?"

"What does her water lock spell do?" He asked and Gray seemed puzzled.

"It holds the other person in an inescapable chamber, practically suffocating them." Gray didn't understand what he was talking about.

"Correct. Ice Shell?"

Gray took a step back. That was a spell he never wanted to hear again. "What does that have to do with anything?" He asked and Gajeel turned and Gray swore he saw a tears forming in his eyes.

"It's her Ice Shell. When performed the enemy is encased in a protected seal of pressured water, and so is Juvia." He finished. "Unlike Ice Shell, her body doesn't form into their water but will dissolve over time as it sucks the life out of both."

"W-What?" Gray stumbled. He couldn't believe what he was hearing.

"She is allowed to perform this twice. I know because I was there the first time, back in phantom lord. Her power decreased a lot but she was still the strongest member, she's kept the locket on since then, but now her body won't be able to hold on to both."

"So she can let go of one right?" Gray asked with hope.

"Technically yes but-"

"Then she must! I won't let her die! Not when we have come so far." Gray turned around to rush inside but a hand went to his shoulder.

"Gray, I want more than anything is to see the rain woman alive but she may not release them."

"Why not?" He asked.

"Because they both tie to you." He answered.

"What do you mean they both tie to me?"

"Face It Gray. The demon who tried to kill you earlier, you really thing she will let go of that? You know damn well she wouldn't hesitate to die for you. The first one. Was on of Delioras minions. After learning about your past she vowed to never release the spell, not when it could potentially cause you pain."

Grays chest felt heavy as tears pricked his eyes. "I won't let her die because of me."

He stated and ran inside. His head pounded as he found her laying on the bed, her body had a blue tint.

"Gray." Lucy whispered and he only shook his head. The girls left the room to give them some private time before the news came for the worst.

"Juvia." His body sank into the chair next to her. Her body was cold and he wanted nothing more than to hold her and tell her how much he loved her. "Please."

The heart monitor next to her indicated that she was still alive but as each second passed her body grew colder.

"You know how you said you would always be by my side?" He asked and placed her hand in his. It missed the warmth of her soft skin and his heart crumbled.

"Well I still need you. I know you want to protect me, I don't blame you. I would sacrifice myself for you without hesitation but this. Please Juvia. I want you to be with me. I want you to smile again and dance in the sun. I want to see you giggle and sworn over every romantic gesture." His palm tighten.

"I want you to see our family grow and live a life by your side. I know about your Liquid Locket and I want you to release them both. I don't care that they could hurt me or anyone because if we are together then we can take them down. Please my love, come back to me." His head leaned on the bed as he began to cry. Tears filled the sheets as he realized he may lose the woman he loves.

"Gray?" Her voice was broken and cold. His eyes looked into hers. "Juvia wants to stay by your side." She whispered and he cupped her face with his hand. "But Kuvia is afraid that once she lets go, she will lose you."

"You're not going to, I promise." He kissed her head and she nodded.

"Okay." She said and lifted her hand gently. Slowly she swirled it in the air as magic flowed from the tips of her fingers.

Her body glowed a soft blue hue as her skin returned to its natural color. Her hair became the vibrant blue he loved and her skin felt soft like the petal of a newly bloomed rose.

"Thank you." He said and took her lips in his. "I couldn't bare to lose you."

"You won't lose Juvia as I won't lose Gray-sama"