Kiss as a lie

Prompt: Kiss as a lie

Enjoy :)

------

Each day was getting harder and harder. Their mission was going to hit a dead end soon if they didn't take action.

Gray and Juvia entered the fancy ballroom arm in arm and scanned the room for their targets.

They had been sent on a mission together almost five weeks ago. Infiltrating a dark guild by collecting the rare watch he kept on his wrist. Inside was a fairy that he had imprisoned and it was up to them to rescue her.

Their plan was simple. Get Juvia close enough to seduce the man or knock him out, which ever came first but Gray preferred the latter, even though Juvia was his "wife" for the mission, he never wanted her to be involved in any uncomfortable situations.

A small tug came to Grays wrist and he looked in the direction Juvia had pulled them.

There he sat in a cluster of men, smoking on a cigarette and being waited on by the busty bar ladies, a sick and twisted pig. He was showing off his watch, it flowed faintly and they knew why.

"We have to save her." Juvia whispered and they put their plan into action.

If there was one thing Juvia excelled at, it was the art of seduction. It came to a surprise to everyone when she revealed that she was a natural and used her charms on countless jobs when she was in Phantom Lord. Now that her eyes were set on Gray, she didn't need nor want to use her beauty to get a job done. All she need was her strength.

But right now Gray gulped down his drink as he watched Juvia sway towards the group of men. Her long blue dress had a plunging V-neck and her hair was falling in waves down her back that also had a low drop.

She paused in front of the men and smiled brightly. " Would you fine men mind if Juvia joined." She winked and went in for the kill.

She tilted on her hip and let her right leg become unexposed as the dark blue fabric moved. Her legs were her highlight and she didn't even let them answer before she settled herself on the lap of one of the men.

"Not at all sweet cheeks." The watch man named Bora smirked and Juvia kept her a game on ignoring the nasty looks she was getting.

A hour passed by and Juvia was full of giggles as she laughed at their lame jokes. She turned her dark eyes towards the man with the watch and slowly she was dragged into the quiet hallway with the man on her heels.

She pin him to the wall, raking her arms up and down his sides and he had let out a growl.

"My god you arm one fine woman." He said and she felt his hand on her lower back. Gulping quietly she pushed her self closer, allowing his eyes to fall to her chest and keeping his mind cloudy.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" Juvia and Bora turned to see a furious Gray. Smiling to herself she continued her role.

"Just trying to have a good time buddy, now scram." Snapped Bora and Gray almost lost it.

"Well you better get your filthy hands of my wife before your ass gets sent to the group."

Juvia tried to conceal her blush but having Gray refer to her as his wife had sent her mind to her fantasy world, but now was not the time. She shook her head and focused back on the mission, never ignoring the mans hands on her hips.

Her eyes met Boras and he looked her over, keeping his hand on her hips he looked smug.

"Well I don't think your wife wants to go with you. I think it's time to show her what a real man can do."

Suddenly Bora was on the floor. Gray shook his fist and kicked him in the stomach. Quickly Juvia ran towards the fallen man and stole his watch off. She held it to her chest and then placed it in her purse, careful not to disturb the delicate creature inside.

"Stay. Away. From. My. Wife." Gray said through gritted teeth. He left the man on the floor then grabbed Juvia by the waist.

"Gray what are-" but his lips took over hers and she lost all common sense. She kissed him back and ran her hand through his hair.

It was an electrifying spark that ran through her body. It shook her to the core and her lips parted when he pulled away.

Her eyes met his and he stared her down and huffed, turning and walking away. She followed him out the back doors, hoping that none of Bora's men had followed them.

They reached the edge of the estate and continued to walk, knowing that they had lost any trail of followers.

"Gray- sama, that was-"

"For the mission." He cut her off and any hope of wondering what they could have been, slowly died.

"Of course." She sighed and continued to follow him back to their hotel.

Gray walked with an heavy feeling in his chest. The kiss might have been a lie to Bora but it just erupted a whirlwind of emotions he tried to keep at bay. As they entered the hotel room, he wondered if one day he could stop lying to himself.