You're Hurting Me

This was a painful request but I hope you enjoy! 

——

He winced hard and Juvia scolded herself mentally. He wound was deep and the bullet need to be removed quickly before he lost too much blood.

"Juvia is sorry-she is trying her best". Her hands shook slightly has she manged to get the bullet out, the polished metal was stain with wet crimson blood that made her gag. Her right sleeve was torn off and pressed against his side, trying to ease the blood flow.

Her mind fled to the possibility of losing him. Months ago he had confessed his love and she wasn't ready to lose, not now, not ever. They had been through so much already and she once almost lose her life but he was there. He was always there.

"You're hurting me." Her head snapped down to a groaning Gray and she quickly apologized for applying too much pressure. "Hey." His hand caressed her red cheek, wiping away the tears that trailed down. She put one hand on his and the other around his arm, feeling the coldness due to his magic. "I'm gonna be okay. Okay?" He said and that only made her whimper.

"Juvia knows. We will be okay." She leaned over him, trying not to make contact with his body and hovered her lips over his. "Juvia doesn't want to lose her love."

"You're not." And he kissed her softly.

It was time. Her black dress fit her body and she looked as gorgeous as you possibly can on a funeral. But she didn't care. Watching the casket lower to the ground left her empty inside and although the sky was dark, no rain was found.

Hours passed and she was the only one. She told everyone to leave and now all that was there was a stone with his name beautifully carved.

"Juvia knows you lied to her, just to make this seem less painful. Shes not mad, she could never be mad at you. She is just sad that you are not here."

Her frail fingers traced his name. A name she used to echo constantly but now it felt wrong to even speak it.

"I'm sorry I could protect you like you did me." The shower begun but it only rained where she was.

"Juvia loves you always and forever and even though we never got married, you made each day feel like my happily ever after. And for that I thank you." She kissed the cold stone and walked back to her house.

From that moment on, Juvia never saw another blue sky.