Broken

There were times like this where she felt completely broken. Times where she wish the darkness would swallow her up or that the sea would take her in.

The tears and sobs that trickled down her cheeks were no match for the tsunami swirling inside. She always put on her happy face, and most of the time it was real.

But sometimes she just needed a good cry. And sometimes those vulnerable moments when she need someone there, she was alone.

Alone with just her dangerous thoughts. Alone in the sea of her heart. No matter how good life had become, she would always be that broken little girl.

Her heart was shattered on the floor, but the darkness didn't let it shine. Her back was against the wall and her head in her arms, sobbing was her specialty.

All the troubling thoughts arose from her past and she wanted them to leave, but she couldn't make them. They were apart of her. A broken little girl, trapped in her shattered heart.

-

He had lost so many people that at times he wondered what was the point if they were just going to die?

He had faces evils like no other and no matter how hard he masked his pain, the cracks could be seen clear as day.

He was a broken boy, one that couldn't possibly heal, only move forward and do better. He tried his hardest to be gentle and soft but sometimes his hard needed it's icy armor.

He had the night to reflect and sometimes it would turn dark quickly, fighting against the constant nightmares and regrets became a daily routine.

He was a scared and shattered boy, concealed in the glacier of his heart.

But as they met and shared their secrets, the darkness didn't seem so scary. They watched each other with terror in their eyes and realized they were one in the same.

Slowly, piece by piece they picked up each other's hearts, placing them back where it belongs.

Gentle whispers and hopeful glances made the two broken souls become one.

The pain from their past began to heal as they gave their love to one another.

The dangers of her sea became to calm as he began her lifeboat and the cracked fragments of his exterior slowly mended as she held them with great care.

Her back was against the wall, tears down her cheeks but he was right there with her making sure she would never be alone again.

And as he was awaken by another painful nightmare, she was there to calm him and bring him to the light.

Because if a lonely girl and scared boy could fall in love, then maybe they weren't so broken after all.