As The World Caves In

Prompt: Kissing in the rain

Note: My friend Lulu asked if I could write something for Gruvia with this prompt and who am I to deny a request? I hope you enjoy this love!!! And I bet you wanted something cute and fluff right? I bet that's what you thought you were getting. 

Hope you're ready to get into your feels. 

P.s: Thanks for all the notes, likes and comments on this one shot book! I read every single one and although im bad at responding to most comments, I deeply appreciate every single one and for those who come back and get excited when I update, thank you! Dont forget you can follow me on Tumblr and instagram: thewritingstar to get content first! Love you all and enjoy!! 

---

                                                                        "Oh, it's you that I lie with 

                                                                       As the atom bomb locks in 

                                                                 Yes it's you I welcome death with 

                                                              As the world, as the world caves in"

                                                            -As The World Caves In, Matt Maltese

--------

 What a magnificent and glorious phenomenon that occurred when it rained. Light showers would grace the earth to allow the plants and flowers to soak up the droplets and heavy drops would turn to puddles for children to splash in. Rainbows would decorate the sky with a plethora of light and add a shimmer to the once dark sky.

The rain was a rejoice for nature, its was simple and clean. He thought that rain was pretty even if it meant keeping him stuck inside for the day.

And then there was Juvia.

She was her own phenomenon. Millions of droplets created her form and he had admired the way she could command a storm without any hesitation. She could rival Mother Nature with her own abilities and tame the seas if she desperately wanted to.

Darkness had no match for the light that radiated from her.

Over the years he learned of her patterns. How the rain would mimic her mood and even the temperature of the water would become engulfed by her emotions.

Light showers of warm rain came during her happiest moments and droplets that could cut through trees had surfaced during battles. She was her own water cycle and he admired her throughout the years.

He remembers the rain of their first kiss. It was refreshing and the water poured down and surrounded them. All he felt was warmth with her. Even in a tsunami of emotions, there was always warmth.

But as he stared at her in the moment, it was as if that warmth had been snuffed out.

The water rained from the sky in a manic cry. He felt cold and frozen and the water almost seemed like hail. He watched as tears dripped from the corners of her eyes, those bright beautiful eyes that looked at him like he was the greatest thing in the universe. The ones he had fallen in love with.

"Juvia!" He called out and yet it felt like he was yelling through a snow storm. She seemed unattainable even though he was only a few feet apart from her.