Back to Those Summer Days

"So you're leaving me?" Lyon said with an eye roll. "Lets just calm down before you do anything stupid."

He stood and walked towards Juvia, arms open ready to hug her. And normally it would work. She would blow off their arguments and his hurtful words and just run back to him like always.

But not anymore.

Anger took control as she took a step back, a clear sign of disinterest.

"No Lyon, Juvia is done with you." She spoke firmly. Her arms folded in front of her chest as she put her foot down. "Juvia won't tolerate your behavior."

The white haired man let out a obnoxious laugh. "Behavior? What am I a child? Juvia you got your head all mixed up so lets just go to bed and forget about this." He tried to reach for her again but she swatted his hand down.

"Juvia said no." Her chin tilted up as she stared into his eyes. "Juvia doesn't love you anymore."

It was his turn to step back. His eyes raked over her and then widened. "Whats his name."

"What?" She asked.

"What. Is. His. Name." He demanded.

Picking up her purse, she turned to the door. "It doesn't matter whether there is another person or not. What matters is that we are done, so don't accuse Juvia of something that never happened. You might not be the best person but Juvia would never sink that low, she has enough dignity to walk away without the lust of another person." Her head snapped towards him and she scowled. "Unlike you."

Before Lyon could react she was already slamming to door shut to their now un-shared apartment and got into her car. There she let the tears fall and her body shook her core. She couldn't believe she did that. She couldn't believe she had the strength to get out of a terrible relationship before things got worse.

She wouldn't have if it wasn't for him though. Taking out her phone she opened the text message from her old friend, the one she fell in love with years ago.

They had gone to elementary, middle and high school together and she remembers how she used to fawn and chase after him in those time. Before they started college in the fall, summer belonged to them.

She recalls all the blissful moments they shared on their dates. It was a romantic summer fling that movies and book could only dream of capturing. And she can remember the heartbreak of them departing to their separate places. The phone call after the airport drop off and the amount of tears shed as she knew she wouldn't be able to hold him in her arms for a few years.

The was a pain of knowing that he could easily forget about her and move on. fall in the arms of another girl and be happier than they would be together. She tried to move on but every time she closed her eyes, she was transported back to the lake side when he said "i love you." for the first time.

It hurt when their phone calls and texts died off and how during her darkest moments she couldn't call him. So when she started dating Lyon, it felt wrong. She tried to make the best of it and at first he was sweet but then she stopped caring about her treatment because if she couldn't have the man who respected her and treated her like a goddess, there was no point.

But then one night after a massive fight between them, she didn't know what to do. She was all alone in Levy's apartment where she was staying the night and clicked his contact by mistake. Her tears were clear through the phone and by the time she finished her speech, he was coasting her through her sobs.

"Im so sorry Juv. I wish I was there."

"You do?" She sniffled and hugged her knees tighter.