Missing You

Prompt: Gruvia argument and Gray working too much so Juvia gets lonely and starts to hang out with Lyon.

Hope you enjoy!!

---

Gray opened the door, he was exhausted from working late at his office. He knew he didn't need to work this late but the clock seems to slip easy. The stove light was on and the plate in the microwave was waiting for him, a newly occurrence that had been happening for a few days now but he hated having to reheat his food. Cold food was the worst. He kicked off his shoes and sat at the table, scrolling through his phone as he ate quietly in the dim light.

"Hello love." His head looked towards the voice. Walking down the stairs, Juvia emerged into the light, one of his nightshirts was lazily button onto her body and a yawn escaped from her mouth. She walked past him and opened the fridge and pour herself a glass of milk. Taking her glass she walked over to her boyfriend and sat on his lap, kissing his cheek softly.

"I've missed you. You said you would be home sooner tonight." She whispered in his ear making him shiver.

"I know." He kissed her lips and he felt her hand travel down, Juvia anxiously awaiting for him to take ignition. But it didn't come. He grabbed her hand and kissed it softly. "Not tonight love, I just wanna go to sleep already." Her eyes widened and an 'o' formed on her mouth.

"Understandable, it is late after all." She smiled and kissed his cheek before walking back upstairs to bed, he finished eating and joined her and pulled her close before falling asleep quickly.

The door opened and Gray walked in, kicking off his shoes and hanging his coat on the rack. It had become a routine for him to arrive deep into the night, his job just took up his mind and all he wanted to do was eat and get some sleep.

He turned the light on in the kitchen and saw a figure on the couch. A groan came from the person as he reheated the plate and a mop of blue hair popped up. She turned her head to see Gray eating from the plate.

'Oh Gray-sama, you're home." She said but the excitement from her voice was like a knife that had been used one to many times, dull.

"Yep." He said while popping the 'p'. "How was your day?" He asked and she got up to place her cup of tea in her sink.

"Oh it was fine. Juvia spent lunch with Lyon and Meredy. They joined me since you weren't able to." She said and he almost heard a bitter tone towards the end.

"Lyon? You had lunch with him?" He questioned and took another bite of food.

"And Meredy. And yes, it was quite nice. We went to the cafe on the corner where you can sit outside and look at the garden."

"Oh." He turned towards the sink and saw her sat on the counter, a blank expression on her legs and a ringlet of her hair between her fingers. Smirking he walked until he was between her legs and began to kiss her neck softly. "Yah know, we haven't had time together in awhile." He let his hands roam and she huffed out a breath.

Pushing him back, she jumped off the counter and grabbed a bottle of water. "Juvia wonders why." She whispered sarcastically.

"What?" He asked not hearing her correctly.

"Juvia's tired love." She said louder and her figure disappeared up the stairs. Gray nodded and followed her.

The door opened and Gray was thankful that he was home on time, before dinner actually.

"Juvia I'm home" He called and when he kicked off his shoes, he frowned. Another pair of shoes were on the ground and he looked up to see a white haired man.