Gruvia Day 2020

Gruvia Day 2020 (diff from Gruvia Week) 

---

It was quiet in her apartment. Empty with just her to keep it company. The mug of jasmine tea warmed her hands as she looked out at the sky, the stars twinkling against the darkness. The was a slight breeze and she took in the fresh nighttime air.

"Does it bother you? That he doesn't show the same affection towards you?" Lucy had asked earlier that day in the guild hall.

The question took Juvia by surprise but in all honesty, she wasn't too shocked that it had been thought about. She wasn't blind to the looks and the whispers that her relationship brought. Even the Sorcerer Magazine had an article about "one sided love" and she could pin point the way her heart dropped when she read the title.

But even with those negative emotions or people not understanding, it meant nothing as he would hold her close in the shadows or when they were alone. Not every story is crystal clear and she felt more love in the silence than out in the open.

She preferred it that way.

"No, it doesn't bother Juvia one bit." She answered honestly.

The girls gave her a look of confusion as she simply drank her drink.

"Gray-sama has watched countless people die. The ones he truly loved are all gone and now there is a fear of letting others in. Juvia respects that and doesn't demand him to show affection in the way Juvia chooses."

"Oh." They all fell silent and that was the end of that.

She took a sip of her tea and smiled up at the stars. She had to admit to herself that in the beginning, when she had first met him, it did hurt slightly. When she would go out of her way to do something sweet for him or hold his hand and he would pull away. She once believed that he had no intention of loving her and it took a few moments to let that reality sink in and her accepting it, but after a long conversation and him on his knees asking her to not leave, she learned that his heart wasn't stray from hers.

It was in the moment, where she watched him fall to his knees, snow piling on each side as he weeped at his fathers grave. She couldn't explain the look on his face as he said goodbye to one of the only people he had left, one he already believed was gone. Perhaps she was lucky that she hadn't known the people who loved her. Maybe it hurt less.

He looked at her with tears in his eyes, pure heartbreak was clear and she wanted to do nothing more than hold him close to her and try to whisper that it would be okay. But she didn't. Instead she stood still and let her own tears gather, her own heart beginning to feel its own cracks forming and she thought she had no right to even be in his presence anymore.

But he took her hand. His heart heavy as he cried against her and asked her not to leave him. Her entire life had been spent with people yelling at her to leave, to take her stormy skies somewhere new and yet for the first time, she was asked to stay.

And that's why it was so hard for them. They were opposites even when their magic was two sides of the same coin. Every time he wanted some one to stay, they would leave and as for her, she was forced to go when she didn't want to.

"Juvia will never leave your side." She whispered to him. It was a promise she even tried to give herself. How can she expect him to open his heart when he thinks she will leave? it wasn't fair.

But he wasn't blind either.

The stars continued to shine as the memories flooded by and she closed her eyes for a brief moment as the cup now sat empty on her railing.

"Beautiful night huh?" He said and she opened her eyes to see Gray leaning against the railing, that smug smile on his face that she adored so much.

She smiled as he looked around to make sure no one saw him sneaking in to her apartment.

"Juvia was just thinking." She said and he took a step forward before kissing her softly. He never failed to make her heart swoon and her knees weak.

"Thinking of what?"

"You." She smiled against his lips and his hand trailed lightly against her thigh.

"When aren't you thinking of me." He winked and she gave a playful eye roll. "Penny for your thoughts?"

She signed and leaned against the railing as he stood behind her and hugged her, his chin resting on her shoulder.

"They don't think Gray-sama treats Juvia the same."

"Oh."

"But Juvia thinks they are silly. They don't know everything." She felt his arms squeeze tighten around her. "Juvia would never want you to feel like Gray-Sama doesn't do enough, you always do." She tilited her head to kiss his cheek.

He stood quietly. The stars still glowing above. "You love so quickly and I'm envious of it."

"Juvia doesn't believe that to be true." She said quickly. "Perhaps you my dear were different but Juvia hasn't loved anyone before and Juvia is afraid that if she doesn't show her love now, it might go forever."

"I'm sorry you fear that. But I understand."

"Now thag Juvia has found Fairy Tail, she is more open to trust and allowing people to be by her side. Thankful that she has someone to love." She squeezes his hand before turning in his arms and staring at him.

"Have I ever told you how pretty your eyes are?" He asked and the pink spread across her face.

She cupped his cheek and her smile was soft and delicate. "Juvia knows the challenges we each face when it comes to emotions. No matter what anyone says or thinks, her heart belongs to you in every way. No matter how big or small the gesture, she will love you until the end of time."

"Then it's a good thing I plan on loving you forever."

He leaned down and captured her lips. Like the stars above, their love glowed bright and shined across the sky even if from afar it seemed like a dot against a sea of dark. 

---