Deserving of Love

A little Gajeel and Juvia brotp and some Gruvia of course!!

----

Knock. Knock

Gajeel turned his tired eyes towards the door, not sure if he heard it for real or not. After getting his one year old daughter and tired wife to bed, his awareness had fallen short but still he dragged his feet towards the door.

Gajeel opened his door not expecting to see a flustered Juvia. Her fingers were twirling within themselves and she had a puzzling look across her face.

"Rain woman?" He asked as he wiped the sleep from his eyes. "It's almost midnight, what gives?"

She didn't answer right away and he sighed and pushed the door open. She followed and plopped herself on the couch and he silently made tea. It was a secret ritual they shared when they needed to tell a secret.

As he was making the tea, he looked over his shoulder and she sat still and ridged like a cat in the rain. Something was wrong or she wouldn't have come knocking at such a late hour.

He set the fresh tea down and searched her face for answers. The steam kissed her face as she nuzzled close and brought the fresh cup to her lips.

He let out a sigh when he realized that she wouldn't talk or he set his own glass down and crossed his arms over his chest.

"Look Juv, if this is about Ice Boy, you might want to-"

"He told Juvia he loved her." She whispered. Her hands shook lightly.

His eyes widened and an "oh" came from his lips. What puzzled him now was that she wasn't jumping up and down and twirling and chanting his name, instead she looked, disappointed.

"And? Ain't this what you wanted?" He yawned.

"I-I"

"Juvia? I don't see the problem."

Her cup was set with shaking hands and the tears welded in her eyes. "Why-why would He love me?" Her voice came out as a whisper.

Gajeel watched as the girl who got the man of her dreams to confess, crumbled. This was what everyone wanted, them to be together. And yet, the one who wanted it the most, didn't?

"Juvia? What the hell do you mean?" He was now fully awake and he hoped that Levy would wake up and hug the fragile woman.

Her eyes finally found his and he was taken back. He had seen her upset before but she looked, broken. Her skin had paled and he could now see the red marks in her hands from her digging her nails into her skin. There were stains on her puffed cheeks from tears and he knew that the light showers from earlier must have come from her.

"Juvia wants nothing more in life than to be with him-but he deserves so much more than her. He can't love someone like me-it isn't fair." She sobbed out.

His eyes widened and a chill ran over his spine. He understood now. For all her life Juvia was taught that she didn't deserve love. That her existence itself wasn't worth of any emotion than hate and fear. She was an excellent wizard but admiration for her powers was all she could accept.

And now her she sat. Pushing away the thought of her being happy. She always wanted her friends and Gray to be happy, but her own emotions were never in mind.

"What if he realizes that Juvia isn't good enough, that she isn't worthy of his love...Juvia can't do that-not again."

Gajeel sat back in his chair. Juvia's sobs echoed in the room and he could hear the light shower forming. Her knees where now to her chest and she rocked back and fourth silently. His heart ached for her and he knew that Gray loved her with every fiber of his being.

"Juvia." He stated. "I know that you are having a hard time accepting that but don't you think Gray feels the same?" He asked and her head tilted up.

"What?" Her voice was wet and broken.

"I mean, after he met you, he was bombarded with unconditional love. Someone who thought that every piece of him was perfect and he finally realized that after years of losing loved ones, that he could finally accept and love you. You have come so far Juv, and everyone can clearly see that he loves you."

"Juvia just doesn't want him to regret anything."

"I think the only thing he will regret is not confessing sooner." He said and his eyes soften when he saw her shoulders relax. " I may not be the smartest when it comes to love, but I know for sure that you two are meant to be together. You have lost so much, you're allowed to have this."

Juvia eyes locked to his. You're allowed to have this. A small smile appeared on her face. "Thank you Gajeel." She said and stood on her feet. "I think Juvia owes somebody an apology for her behavior earlier."

"Go get your happiness."

Juvia gave the iron slayer a hug and left as quietly as she came, heading towards the apartment of the one she loved most, confidence in hand and her heart open for love.

"Those were quite the words hun." Gajeel turned to see his wife leaning against the wall, her hair was a mess from waking up and she had a soft smile on her face.

He shrugged and followed her to their room. "I guess it just took a little time for someone to show me my happiness." He kissed her on the lips slowly.

"You both deserved nothing less, if anything, you two deserved everything." Levy smiled and hoped that Juvia knew how much she was loved.

Gray bounced to his feet the moment he heard the faint knock. He had spent all day cooped up in his apartment after Juvia had fled from his confession and he didn't know why.

"Juvia." He whispered and she gave him a small nod as he stepped aside for her to enter his home.

"Juvia is sorry Gray-sama. She is sorry if you think that she doesn't love you. The truth is she wasn't sure if she could handle he returned feelings, but after a deep conversation, Juvia knows that her heart belongs to you and she is hoping that your heart is still set on hers."

"Of course Juvia." He said and pulled her into a hug. "Never think that you don't have my love." he kissed the top of her head and felt her tears against his chest. "I love you so much."

"Juvia loves you too." She smiled and wiped her tears as she captured his lips into a deep kiss.

--

Hope you enjoyed!!