A Touch Of A Hand

---

In the mere seconds that she felt her body go off the side of the roof, the only thought she had was death. Nothing less and nothing more. The grim cold cobblestone below would soon accept the newly fallen raindrop and her story would come to an end and the book would be closed.

She could see it as her eyes closed. The End written in bright bold golden letters as if it were the credit scene to a tragedy. She was waiting, expecting, anticipating.

For the first time, tears didn't pool her eyes and she wondered if perhaps this was it, just would be allowed to have clear eyes.

She felt the tug. It made her eyes shoot open as she was met with a pair of serious eyes. The connection between their hands sent a spark through her and she felt the next page turn.

The days would pass and she would begin to notice more and more about him. The resting cold face as he walked would soon melt when he met a friend or greeted someone new. He was a simple man yet his emotions were incredibly complex.

Every night as the stars joined the night sky and the sun danced down towards the horizon, she would lie awake and wonder what it all met.

She had discovered that in those two seconds, his hand in hers, she had fallen in love with him.

It was an enchanting ideal yet terrifying at the same time. She had never felt this warmth in her chest or the blush in her cheeks. Never before had the comfort of another person affect her like this. She wanted to run and scream and lock these feelings in a box and toss them to the sea, but every time she had that thought, she felt her hands.

They were softer to the touch than they had been in years. She would rub her hands together slowly, feeling that sudden spark and the fire that had stung her in such a glorious way.

Tears would pool in her eyes before being whisked away rapidly. No she wouldn't lock these feelings, she would celebrate them and let them grow even if it meant her heart could be shattered. She was already broken so whats one more crack going to do?

The gestures between them were rivaling. She was no idiot, she was extremely perceptive and understood people to a tee. She had spent her years in a dark guild examining people after all.

He was quiet with his words. She could the gears turning in his head, challenging him to say something out loud to her, but he never did, and she was okay with that.

She was a woman of strength and power and realized that her love was the same as well. She didn't mean to come on so strong but every time she laid eyes on him, she could feel the flurry of butterflies tumbling in her stomach. Its hard to be head over heels and she never thought someone like her could experience it.

But she never missed the subtle glances he gave her or the way that she felt his shoulders instantly relax when she was there. Sometimes it was all about the small things.

Her favorite was his hand. No matter where she went, he was holding his hand open for her to take. Sometimes to help her off her seat for a stroll and other times it was a sign of trust in a battle. Maybe he didn't realize but him reaching out to her was a statement bigger than any "i love you" could do.

It meant that he was there, waiting for her. He always opened to her and she gladly accepted every time. After all, their story started with a life changing tug.

And she remembers the whispers. They would find her on the street, random people and even her guild mates. Sometimes her thoughts would join in too.

"Gray doesn't love her."

"Shes obsessive."

"Its a joke."

"He can do better."

She smiled as tears welded in her eyes and Gray heard them too. Yet with the amount of whispers and doubts, he was there reaching towards her, pulling her closer.

"Don't listen."

"They aren't worth it."

"I'm yours."

She nodded and he would leave it at that.

She went back to the drink on her table. The ice had started to melt and her drink had been finished a while ago.

"Juvia." He said and she turned to face him. The same soft smile was on his face and over time she had fallen deeper and deeper in love with it. "Wanna go on a mission?." He asked and he held is hand out towards her.

And within the silence, you could hear the promise. Not a motion of lips or batting of eyes. The only thing connecting them was his hand stretched out, palm turned upward waiting for hers.

She smiled brightly and her hand found his, just like it did every time. Their hands fell together like a puzzle piece as if they had been made for each other.

"Of course my beloved." 

---