The Anniversary to Remember

Prompt: Gray forgets the anniversary. Also consider this the second part of the fic before this, I've Got You. 

Enjoy!

----

No. It couldn't be. He didn't actually forget right? Juvia began to internally panic as Gray walked into their house yawning quietly. He had been gone all afternoon and only left her with a kiss on the head that morning. No flowers, no deep kisses, nothing!

"Hey Juv." He hid a yawn behind his hand as he walked into the living room and flopped onto the couch. Her eyes were glued to him as she hugged the cup of tea to her chest while sitting in the comfy chair near the couch.

"Hello." She responded and took a long sip of her tea.

"How was your day?" He asked but his voice was slightly muffled as he was facing down and letting his arms hang over the cushions. He looked absolutely adorable but Juvia held back.

"Fine." A one worded response came bitterly out of her lips. Anger and hurt consumed her as his head lifted up and his eyes met hers.

"Just fine? Did something happen?" he asked. Was he playing dumb?

"Nope. Nothing exciting at all. Just spent the day with the moms as our little ones played." he could sense her tone changing and wondered if something actually happened. "But, Juvia was thinking Gray-sama and her could go to dinner. Since our little one is staying with Lucy and Natsu."

Gray let out a groan. "Can't we just stay inside?"

"Does Gray-sama have something planned?" She chirped.

"No"

That stung her heart and a frown formed on her face but he had rolled over so he didn't see."Then we are going to dinner and you need to wear a shirt." She said and walked to their bedroom to get dressed.

"Fine." He huffed.

"Still don't know why you dressed up all fancy. I mean you looking smoking babe but it's just dinner." Gray said as he opened the door to the restaurant. Juvia smiled small at the complement and made sure to step out with her right leg to let the slit in her dress exposure it. She knew it was Grays weakness and she smiled bright as he raked his eyes up and down as she walked past him. But her smile disappeared when he couldn't see her face.

"Just dinner.'' she grumbled to herself and they sat at the table Juvia had reserved and a small candle and rose was placed at the end.

The waiter came over and didn't hide his liking for Juvia as he took her order. She laughed at him and even touched his arm, gaining the attention of Gray.

"What was that?" Gray asked and Juvia just shrugged and sipped at her glass of wine.

"Juvia doesn't know what Gray-sama is talking about."

He glared at her and rolled his eyes. "Alright Juvia. What is it?" He asked.

"Nothing." She let her eyes wander around the restaurant and Gray became annoyed. Her eyes were always on him. Call him selfish but he loved nothing more than having those bright blue eyes all to himself. Usually they would be engaging in a small game of footsies under the table but those long legs were kept to her side.

"Are you mad at me?" He asked and her eyelashes batted innocently.

"Why would Juvia be mad. Does Juvia have a reason to be upset?" Her blue eyes pierced through his.

He paused and thought for a few moment. This is it.

"Not that I can think of."

"Then I guess Juvia isn't upset." She gave him a forced smile and was glad when her plate was set in front of her. Before he could respond, she dug into her food and he followed, keeping an eye on her as he knew something was up.