Frostbitten

Hey besties. Hope y'all have been doing well. Personally, mama has been kind of struggling but I finally have managed to write a fic. And guess what? She's not all that angsty. So please enjoy some soft gruvia. 

Anyways thank you all for supporting my fics, love you all! 

ps come chill with me on Tumblr and insta: thewritingstar 

and you can always drop a request or prompt in my ask box :) 

last thing. I am so sorry for how many times I use the words cold, hollow, frost, warm, etc. Its a theme so just bare with me lol. (also idk if frostbitten is a real word but like, I do this for free so) 

---

When the winter months approach and the skies usual blue fades into a cool grey and snow begins its decent, that's when he feels the most calm. He enjoyed the comfort the snow brought and the memories of being a child.

Though this year brings a new frost.

Icicles line the under side of roofs and buildings, drops slowly slipping off before hitting the ground and becoming a puddle for boots to splash in. Its a familiar cold when the snow the children play in and the frost on your mittens feels nature and nice even if your body begins to quiver.

And those whose magic rejoices in the natural cold elements feel stronger and faster as they step outside. Mittens, scarves, hats and fuzzy socks really aren't needed when your body own temperature is already rivaling the arctic. Most of the time it's just for show, but he would be lying if he didn't say that the fireplace felt nice against the cool of his own frost.

He steps outside of his apartment, snow falling down to line the streets and create a wonderland that he feel familiar with. His jacket is light and socks short as he walks towards the guild much slower this time to take in the beginning of his favorite time of year.

The decorations have already been put up, few months early but people get excited when the snow falls. Bows and ribbons cover each street lamp pole while polar bears, elf and reindeer begin to make their appearance in windows and lawns.

He looks around at the people. Cheeks slightly red as they have conversations outsides and children try not to spill hot echolocate down their brand new coat as they walk. Couples hold hands as they make their way to the stores and he notices that almost every door has holly and mistletoe handing down.

He feels a guilt wash over him as he stares at the berries bitterly. Pushing those thoughts down, he opens the doors to the familiar guild that has become his second home after all these years.

The guild is decorated of course. Mira made sure that the lights outside would twinkle throughout the night and that it always felt warm and cozy. Stockings are hung on the wall, each one having a persons name. They are hung randomly but he can't help but feel like it wasn't a coincidence that his is next to a fuzzy white one with a raindrop. He walks by it with a small glance that lingers and a chill runs up his spine.

He takes a seat at the bar and before he knows it, a peppermint hot chocolate is placed in front of him. A small smile is on Mira's face as she says nothing and turns away.

The marshmallows bob in the drink until they slowly disintegrate and become a swirl of white among the chocolate.

"Gray?" The silence is broken as Mira tries her best to comfort him without giving away all her thoughts. "You alright?"

He sips at the drink and ignores the way it burns his tongue. The sweetness that he normal doesn't care for is starting to becoming a craving.

Mira watches the way the gears turn in his head. His face looks paler than it did a while ago and his shirt hasn't fallen off in days. Not that she's complaining, but its weird to see the ice mage bundled up when he thrives in the cold.