Movies

Juvia was head over heels in love with movies. Ever since she was little, the dazzling films on the screen brought her comfort and joy. Her dark world would lighten for the hours that the movie would play, she got to escape her reality and dive in to another dimension that was always happy and perfect.

When she was little or hidden away in her room, she would reenact every movie her heart swelled to. Whether it was dancing like Snow White while sweeping up her apartment or pretending to be Ariel at the orphanage, she wanted to be emerged into a movie.

And then when the local theater showed Moana, Juvia grabbed Gray and dragged him to see it. All the children squeaked with delight as the opening credits played and Gray was sure he heard a peep from Juvia too.

A scowl found its way to Grays face and he couldn't believe that he was actually sitting in a room with children watching a movie. Hunched in his seat, his usual frown crawled to his face and he just pulled Juvia closer to him, because if he was going to be stuck in a dark room for a few hours, he might as well make some use of it.

But when he turned to face Juvia and his frown soften to a smile. Her eyes were fixated on the screen, the light softly glowing of her face softening her features. Juvia watched as Moana danced along with the water, it's waves crashed against her, but also was her friend.

Grays eyes never turned back to the screen, instead he watched his girlfriend gasp and oo at the story taking place, her hand opening and closing, mimicking Moana's. He smiled when he felt her sway to the beat of the songs and held her tight when the mood turned sorrow.

"Juvia thinks Gray-sama is like Tamatoa" Juvia giggled in his ear. "Which one is that?" Gray asked when his eyes finally met the screen once more. "The giant crab" Juvia pointed to the purple crab dancing on screen, showing off his shiny shell. Luckily they were seated in the back, secluded so that no one could hear.

"And why is that?" Gray asked. "Because Gray-Sama doesn't like when people try to touch or steal his treasure!" His eyebrows furrowed and he looked back at Juvia. "My treasure? What's my treasure?" Juvia pulled the arm rest up so she could get fully to him.

"Me!" She squealed. He laughed and pecked her on the cheek, even in the dark room, he could make out the blush spreading to her face. "You got that right."

Together they walked hand in hand out of the theater, Juvia still wiping her eyes from the touching ending.

"Juvia loved that movie! She feels much more connect to her water now." She was practically skipping and humming to the tune of the princesses song.

That night as Gray watched his girlfriend reenact the scenes in the ocean , he was determined to take her to every movie she wanted to see, the way she danced and smiled brightly made his heart beat faster.