Sit Down

It was no secret that Juvia is the "mom" friend. She was always there to lend a helping hand to any of her sick friends. Her unconditional love made every happy as she walked through their door, ready to provide a sense of comfort for them as they coughed up their lungs or fell asleep from a cold. Juvia was constantly there for everyone no matter how ill they became.

She prided herself on her wonderful heath, rarely getting sick. But when she caught a virus from a sick child on one of her missions, it was bad.

-

Gray entered the guild as usual and took a seat at the bar. His eyes scanned the room to track down his girlfriend but she was no where to be seen.

"Hey Mira have you seen Juvia?" He asked, his eyes still wondering around.

"Hmm. Gajeel said she wasn't feeling too well since they returned yesterday. She might be at home." He thanked her and walked towards the iron slayer.

"Hey Gajeel. Is Juvia alright?"

"Well, She did have a mean cough on the train but nothing the rainwoman can't handle." Gray hummed a response but still wasn't satisfied. Without a second thought he walked up towards her apartment.

He knew the guys weren't allowed into Fairy Hills but that didn't stop him from climbing the tree and slipping into her window, she always made sure it was opened. His feet hit the bedroom floor and his eyes began the search. Gray let out a sigh when heard a cough coming from her bathroom.

"Juvia? Are you alright?" He asked after knocking on the door. The coughing stopped and she quickly responded.

"Yes Juvia is alright my love, don't come in here!" She called but that only made him worry more. Disregarding her demand, he opened the door and saw her still in her pajamas.

Her skin was shades paler and her face had a green tint, she was doing a lot more than coughing apparently. Her body vibrated with a cold sweat as she used the bathroom counter to steady herself. A shocked expression rose to her face as he came bursting in.

"Gray-sama! What did Juvia just tell you-" Her body cut off her voice as she ran to the toilet, heaving up the constants. Naturally he ran to her side, stroking her back and bundling up her hair so she wouldn't get anything in it.

After a final spit, she rose to her feet, pushing past him to wash her hands and rinse out her mouth. "Juvia said she was fine." She mumbled.

"You're obviously not fine Raindrop."

Her back faced him, embarrassed that he had seen her sick state.

"Juvia doesn't want you to see her like this, Gray-sama can leave."

He let out a sigh. Walking towards her, he hugged her from behind.

"Please just go sit down. You're swaying on your feet right now." He grabbed a hair band and tied her hair up, making sure it wouldn't get on the way. "Let me take care of you."

He took her hand and lead her to her bed. Pulling back the covers, he made sure she got under them. Opening up the bag he had brought with him, he took out a thermos that was filled with Mira's homemade soup.

"I took it upon myself to bring you some just in case you were really sick." He gestured to her body which was sinking into the bed. "Which you are."

"Juvia didn't want to worry anyone." She shrugged and played with her fingers. He grabbed a washcloth and ringed the water out, placing the cool cloth on her forehead.

"Juvia, you take care of everyone in the guild, you shouldn't be ashamed when you get sick. Luckily I am here, I'm going to get you feeling better in now time."

Finally a smile crawled to her lips. "Thank you love."

After hours of talking, soup spilling on her body, due to his clumsiness, a hot bath that he couldn't join and constant bickering of her getting back into bed, she was finally asleep. His hand laid on forehead providing a cold sensation to her temple, times like this made him happy that he was an ice mage.

He turned to the window and saw that the moon was high in the night sky. "No use in going home now." He whispered as he tossed a pillow onto the floor.

Before drifting to sleep, he checked on her one last time. She haven't thrown up in hours and was sound asleep. Her chest rising and falling softly and her pajamas were replaced with his shirt since he spilled the soup on her earlier. Kissing her temple softly, he laid on the floor, smiling to himself as he closed his eyes.

"Thank you Gray." He heat a whisper and looked to see that she had rolled over and her hand was off the bed, draping over the covers. He gently locked their fingers together and placed a cool kiss to her fragile hand.

"Anything for you Waterlily."