Rescued

Prompt: "What do you think you're doing to her?". This is a Modern Cop Au. Enjoy!

-----

There was no time to waste. Their group was forced to split up fully, no teams or pairs. Everyone had to go a separate way in order to ensure the hostages safety. Luckily Gray had finished with his group of thugs and none of them had any hostages attacked so he knew he could lend a hand to one of his team mates.

His legs pumped fast as he ran towards the center of the town, looking down the ally to decide who to help, he was a cop after all and no matter the situation you were always ready to lend a hand. He passed multiple streets without seeing any commotion so he slowed his pace, keeping his energy at bay just in case.

Gray turned the corner and walked down the deserted street when all of a sudden he heard a scream. He wasted no time sprinting into action as he came closer towards the yelling he guessed from a woman.

"What do you think you're doing to her?" He yelled. Two men were standing over a women, her purse was clutched in one of the man's hands, the contents spilled out all around her. She was shaking and blood dripped from the gash in her head as gun was pushed against her skull.

"We are having a little fun, now come any closer and the girl gets shot." he heard the kick of a trigger knowing that he just had to pull it and the young woman would fall into a pile of her own blood.

"Drop your weapon!" He shouted and raised his own gun. He heard sirens coming closer and he knew back up was on the way. His couldn't risk the chance of looking into the woman's eyes, he need to focus on the two men holding her hostage but all he knew was she had intriguing bright blue hair.

"Give us your money sweetheart." Juvia was walking from her job when she was pushed against the cold cement wall, her head smacking against it and she felt her purse being pried from her hands.

"Wait what are yo-" Her voice shattered when she felt the cool metal hit the back of her head. Tears began to weld as her wallet, keys, makeup and watch were dumped into the dirty alleyway. She felt the tremble of her body and knew that she would probably die here.

"Hey what are you doing to her?" A voice came and he eyes snapped up. A man with dark hair and a police uniform stopped in front of them and had his weapon raised.

I'm saved. She thought and never took her eyes off of the man. He was utterly handsome and if she weren't fearing for her life, she would had flirted with him.

She never heard the rest of the conversation as her body was corrupted with fear and shock, the blue and red flashing lights showed up and next thing she knew, a blanket was pressed around her as a doctor checked her vitals.

"Are you alright?" She looked up and recognized him as the man who saved her. She nodded as tears pricked her eyes and the relaxation of what just happened hit her hard.

"Thank you. For saving Juvia's life." She felt an immense amount of gratitude.

"No need to thank me, just happy to know that you are safe." He smiled and took the time to study her face. Bright blue eyes matched her wavy hair and he admitted that she was probably the most beautiful woman he had ever seen.

"How could Juvia ever repay you?" She asked but he stopped and shook his head.

He stopped and thought long and hard. He gently grabbed her hand and brought it to his lips, kissing it softly.

"You could let me take you on a date." He winked and her blush spread quickly.

"Juvia could do that." She giggled and felt instantly better. For some reason he made her comfortable as if they have known each for years, or maybe in a previous life.