Candy

This was from halloween last year omg

---

Candy.

Sweets. He was never really a fan. He preferred things with a bit more salt and a little kick to get him going. Too much of oooey and gooey and he could practically feel the undesirable sensation of a cavity forming on his tooth. He wished he liked candy and sweets, he really did. But it sucked when he passed by a bakery and saw all the delicious treats but the moment they came close to his mouth, he was pushing them away.

And he thought he hated them. The stubborn hard candy that cracked in his mouth or the sticky feeling on his fingers after he popped in a truffle. Not to mention the massive amount of wrappers on the floor. He was expected to hate them for all eternity, but right now he couldn't.

"Gray-sama, Juvia knows you aren't filling up our son on just candy before dinner!" Juvia's voice lingered from the hallway.

His eyes widened and back straightened as his son stole another piece from his hand, a chocolate truffle with a caramel center.

"Of course not love!" He shouted back and the small candy back was being taken over by their rowdy four year old.

"Alright Silver, maybe that's enough." Gray rustled his son's hair and the little boy pouted. "Don't worry, there will be more candy later, it is Halloween season after all." He shrugged before handing him a lollipop.

"Gray!" Juvia huffed. "Juvia said no more." The still wrapped candy was taken from the cheeky raven haired boy and a giggle escaped his lips as he ran to the bathroom to wash his hands and get ready for dinner.

"I know, I know but he gave me the eyes Juv."

"Juvia's gonna give you something else if Gray-sama doesn't stop." She warned and he gulped lightly at his wife's "threatening" tone. She pushed passed him and took one of the chocolates out of the bag and popped it into her mouth.

"Hypocrite." Gray whispered and wrapped his arms around her waist. Juvia only rolled her eyes and smiled.

"Juvia can do as she pleases, she is the mother after all."

"Oh believe me I know. I found a shit ton of wrappers in our bedroom, I think you might get a cavity before Silver does." He said as he kissed her cheek.

"Maybe but Juvia has been desperately craving sugar for a while. Silver better watch his basket." She laughed and ate another three candies. Juvia turned and gave Gray one who happily took it. The sweetness became too much so he left her side and grabbed a glass of water from the cabinet.

"Too sweet." He complained and she only shrugged and ate another one.

They stood in comfortable silence as he sipped on his water and Juvia popped in another two sweets. Something felt...uneasy and Gray set down his mug and looked at his wife. His mind was racing with thoughts and he contemplated on just pushing them to the side but after his wife's, tenth or so candy, the realization hit.

"Juv."

"Hmm?"

Another candy.

"You said craving?"

"Yep."

Another one.

"How long?"

"Juvia doesn't know, maybe a few days, weeks, maybe?"

Another.

"Juv."

"What?"

Another.

"Are you-"

Juvia froze as she opened up another wrapper. Her eyes locked on her husbands and she let out a small gasp. "Juvia is late. Gray where are you going?" She called after him.

He was at the front door with his keys and wallet in his hand. "To get a test of course."

"Oh." She whispered. "Gray dear?"

He stopped at the open door and popped his head back in. "Yes?"

"Will you get Juvia more candy?" She asked shyly as she noticed all of Silvers candy was now unwrapped and stuffed in her mouth. He let out a chuckle and winked.

"Of course love."

Maybe he didn't hate candy as much as he thought, but his wallet did.