Leave Me Alone

So this book has been nominated for the Watty Awards!! Thank you so much for everyone who has read, we are at 14K!!! Wow i actually can't believe that and im sorry for the lack of updates but i hope you're ready cause imma update a bunch! 

Enjoy!! 

---

She had been acting strange for days now, he noticed. The usual morning greetings didn't happen for three days and he didn't think anything of it, but now it was five days in and Gray got worried. It was unlike Juvia to not smile at him or sit with him at lunch. They had taken more jobs together recently and after her solo one the other day, she refused to see or talk him.

He couldn't understand why she wasn't around, even when they were in the guild hall together, she sat near Gajeel and Lily, avoiding the Ice mage like the plague.

He turned around and saw her leave the guild, this was his chance to find out why she had been acting this way.

"Juvia!" He called after her but to his surprise, she didn't turn around, only quicken her pace and kept a tighter grip on her bag. Gray furrowed his brows and called her name once more before grabbing her shoulder when she refused to respond again. "Juvia, what the hell, I just called your name twice. What has been going on with you?" He questioned.

The bright blue eyes had darkened and her smile never came.

"Nothing Gray, Juvia has to go." She turned and walked away. He heard the drop of the iconic 'sama' that was always attached to his name.

"That's not a good enough answer!" He yelled.

"Just leave me alone already!" She fired back. She couldn't believe she had said that to him but she stood her ground and ran away.

"Juvia?" He whispered to himself. The sky darken and a light shower formed. "Was it something I did?" He asked to no one. He turned back and instead of going to the hall, he went by the small pub on the edge of town to clear his head and figure her out.

The pub was packed but luckily he found a seat at the bar and quickly ordered. His mind raced with thoughts as he traced back everything that had happened in the past week. He couldn't think of a single thing that he had done to spark her anger towards him.

Maybe her solo job? That's when she started acting weird.

But his thoughts were interrupted by a man who asked him a question.

"You look lost man." A voice said and Gray looked at the guy.

"Just some issues I'm trying to sort." Gray replied.

"Lady trouble?" He asked and Gray gave a swift nod. He learned that the man's name was Bora.

"I hear ya. I ran into my ex a few days ago. Boy was she smoking but she was still annoying as ever, luckily for her that rain problem stopped."

Grays head whipped towards him. "Rain problem?"

"Oh yeah. Killer babe but she always cried and was so desperate to be loved by someone, she became a clingy mess. Her name was Julia"

"Juvia." Gray said through gritted teeth.

"Juvia, yeah that's it. Guess I didn't bother to learn her name, you know her?" Bora laughed and Gray could already tell he wasn't going to like him.

"Yeah I do, I'm her partner Gray." He developed a bitter tone and didn't like how he talked about his friend. Bora laughed again and pointed at him.

"You're the Gray-sama! Dude, you're welcome." Gray furrowed his brows at this.

"God when we saw each other a few days ago she went on and on about you. Luckily I stepped in and told her that you probably didn't like her, I mean she's hot but who would ever wanna date her? She is literally suffocating to be around, not to mention a hot mess. Don't worry she got the hint and I'm guessing she's leaving you alone." Bora said with a smirk on his face which made Gray's blood boil.

Gray stood up and pushed his stool back. "So you're the reason she's avoiding me? You must also be the bastard that broke her heart years ago? Well let me tell you something buddy, Juvia is an amazing woman, more powerful that you could ever be and if you ever talk like that about her again, you'll end up with a fist to the face." He grabbed the collar of Boras coat and pulled him close.

"Don't tell me you actually like that psycho-" But before he could finish, Boras body flew to the ground with a swift punch. He laid unconscious on the floor as a smirk made its way to Gray's face. Gray threw money on to the bar and walked out fuming, marching towards Fairy Hills, not caring that boys weren't allowed in.

Juvia opened her door to find Gray standing there.

"Gray?" She asked but he was already inside when she closed the door.

"How come you didn't tell me?" he asked.

"Tell you-"

"How come you didn't tell me that you saw your asshole of an ex?" He voice was firm and he watched her eyes widen.

"How did-"

"Well I just met with him. See I was at the bar trying to figure out why you weren't talking to me. And then that asshole opened his mouth to say how you should stay away from me and how you don't deserve love." Juvia could sense the waves of anger coming from him but she didn't know what to say.

"Juvia." His voice soften and he looked at her with a feeling of sadness in his chest. "Did you actually believe him?"

Her eyes fell to the floor as she nodded. Like a dog with their tail between its legs, she felt embarrassed and scared. "Juvia didn't want to end up heart broken again." She let a tear slide down her cheek.

"Hey," He closed their distance and wiped the drop from her face, cupping her cheek in his hand. "Don't ever think for a moment that I don't care about you. I may not have been very open about my feelings in the past but I can't have you thinking that I don't like you when I do. Never for a single minute assume that I don't like being around you. Juvia you deserve all the love in this world and if anyone thinks any different, I will gladly punch them in the face." He smiled when he saw her cheeks flush.

His brought his lips closer to hers. "You will never have your heart broken again, I promise." And he closed the gap. He wouldn't have guessed that kissing her would be this magical. Fireworks went off and she tasted like green tea. Their lips were like puzzle pieces, perfectly suited for each other and he wondered why he hadn't kissed her sooner.

"Juvia is sorry for ignoring Gray." She whispered as their foreheads rested on each other.

"Gray?"

"Gray-sama." She smiled. He pecked her lips again, something he knew he would be doing a lot now.

"Much better." He smiled. Juvia hugged him tight, for the first time, she felt truly loved by her partner and instantly forgot everything she heard from her asshole of an ex as she pulled her beloved in for another magical kiss.