The Broken Boy

everybody reading: think back to when dream was going to kill tubbo. now imagine, dream had done a lot of work a few days before, and the cell which was meant to hold his blackmail for Badboyhalo wasn't exactly empty

also this fic has at least one alternative ending which i will publish at some point, the titles will correspond and i will make sure you guys know

DIALOGUE HEAVY

also, best results if you listen to sad undertale music while reading, idk why

"Goodbye Tommy."

"Tubbo..."

A gasp. A laugh. 

He is dead.

Why hasn't Punz come yet?

When did Dream capture and relocate Skeppy, and how did he do it without anybody noticing?

What will he do without Tubbo?

Where are the reinforcements?

Who was meant for the prison?

"Tommy?" That voice. That sickening, malicious, manipulative voice.

"I've won! Tommy, I've won! Your discs are mine, Tubbo is dead, I have all the power! I am in control now, Tommy."

He ignores the voice, opting to rush to Tubbo's body, cradling him carefully.

"Tubbo I'm sorry..."

"Dream did you kill him?" Skeppy's voice came from the hallway. "Dream, did you fucking (idk if skeppy swears) kill Tubbo?"

Dream laughed. "Tommy you're going to stay here for a little while, hang out with Skeppy. I'm going to come back when your prison cell is ready for you, okay? I don't want to lock you up, but I have a responsibility as your friend!"

Dream left through the Nether portal, destroying it as he went.

Tommy brushed Tubbo's hair out of his face. "Tubbo..."

"Tommy," Skeppy started awkwardly. "You do know he's lying, right? He's not anybody's friend."

"Yeah I know." Tommy's voice was raspy. "I learned that in exile."

Tommy walks over to the cell. Skeppy was sitting next to the bars. He sits on the other side.

Skeppy reaches a hand through the bars, the ends of his fingers slipping through.

"I... I lost Bad. We were best friends, but I got infected by the Egg. It told Bad that the only way to save me was to join It. Bad agreed, and I was released just as Bad was turning. The Egg didn't do that for Bad, or me. The Egg knew that It needed Bad, so it used me."

Tommy grabs Skeppy's fingers with his own.

"Tubbo.. It was him and me against Dream. Always was. We said our goodbyes even before the fight, but we didn't think we'd need them. We... we expected to be more fortunate. I... I was expecting backup. I guess something happened to Punz, you know?"

Skeppy squeezed his hand comfortingly. Tommy reciprocated.

"We don't have long together, but I'm glad I have someone to talk to. Dream ignored me except to feed me."

"I just don't want to be alone. With Tubbo I never was."

"Focus on right now, then. You have me, I have you."

"I won't have you for much longer though. A few hours, tops, before Dream gets back."

"A few hours is better than nothing, Tommy."