STO: Prologue

My tranquil life was bombarded.

Once dad told me, "There's nothing good getting involved with the mafia, son." I didn't understand what it meant, not until I got involved with it. 

The peacefulness I have until now was destroyed because of what dad left on us. Now I need to take responsibility. Taking responsibility for the debt that I didn't even cause. I can't let my mother do it, moreover my brother who's just in middle school. 

There's no point in going against the mafia, right here and right now they may shot me dead or worse my family.

'Dad, why did you do this?'

Disdained, sorrowful, and nowhere to run off, my fate is already settled.

The room is dark, my hands and feet are tied, when will I be seeing the light again?

As I waited, the door of the dark chamber opened. Letting the light leak, a silhouette of a man entered with three other men. Looking up, it must be the boss. 

He looked at me--no he glared at me. But it didn't scare the hell out of me, rather, the piercing glare made me utter, "Beautiful--" 

He looked at me with his disgusted face, but it didn't change my impression of him. It's the first time I became attracted to a person. But on top of that, he's the one dad owes a large sum of money, a mafia boss, an elite, and probably an alpha just by looking at his posture.

"You'll work for me until you paid off your father's debt. You escape, and you and your family are dead. Understood?" he said sternly with his intimidating glare. 

I nodded in response, I didn't understand anything he said but working under this beautiful person, I just responded unconsciously as if I'm enchanted.

I'm Wang Yibo, a university student who got involved with my father's debt and now working to pay off what he left.

This may sound absurd but, for a moment, I felt like thanking my father. Because of the debt, I got to meet this beautiful person.