STO: 38

"Good morning," Yibo greeted Xiao Zhan.

Xiao Zhan slowly opens his eyes, still half-asleep he looks up at Yibo, "Mom?" he mumbled.

Yibo chuckled and caress his forehead, "Still dreaming, boss?" he asked, "You need to wake up, the rest is already waiting at the restaurant on the ground floor," he welcomed him and stood from the bed.

Xiao Zhan half-opened his eyes and sat up. He scratches his left eye as he yawns. "Hm, be right there--" he mumbled softly and about to go back to lying down when Yibo immediately grabbed him by the shoulder, "come on now, don't go back to sleep. Show them your face, they've been expecting you last night too," Yibo uttered and pulled him up.

Xiao Zhan sluggishly let himself being dragged by Yibo in the bathroom. "Now watch your face, I'll wait for you here," he chuckled and pushed him to the bathroom then went to the sofa and sat.

Xiao Zhan then opened his eyes completely, he looked at his face and his skin is glowing. "Must be because I'm sleeping better these days," he mumbled to himself and shrugged. He opened the tap and started washing his face.

After few minutes, he went to where Yibo is. "I'm done," he uttered, showing himself in front of him.

"Great!" Yibo cheered and stood up, "let's eat," he said.

"Mm, kay," Xiao Zhan answered and walked first while Yibo followed.

Before they can get out of the room, Xiao Zhan stopped from his tracks, "By the way, you're cheery today, something happened?" Xiao Zhan asked and raised an eyebrow at him.

Yibo stopped as well, he looked away and smiled as the memories of last night came up in his mind. After going back to their room at 2 am, they directly went to bed then on the bed, Xiao Zhan keeps snuggling on him that made him unable to sleep but enjoy the moment instead, until morning, he hadn't slept a wink.

"Nothing boss," he denied, "Shall we go?" he said, changing the topic.

"Hm, kay," Xiao Zhan answered and started walking again.

.

They arrived at the restaurant, it was so lively since the two are too energetic.

"Come on now, Zanjin and Zhuocheng, Mr. Xiao is here," Haikuan said to the two.

the two looked in their direction and smiled wide.

"Good morning, young master~" the two greeted and smile mischievously.

"Good morning, too," Xiao Zhan greeted back and sat on a vacant seat beside Zhuocheng.

Upon sitting down, he can feel stares directed at him. He looked at his side and saw the two staring at him with a teasing smirk on their lips.

Xiao Zhan looked at them with his confused look as if asking them 'what's the matter?'

"Hm, nothing. It's just that you smell like an alpha, young master," Zhuocheng shrugged while Zanjin nodded.

"Huh? Do I?" Xiao Zhan's brows met and smelt his clothes. "Being pregnant is sensitive to scents I see," Xiao Zhan nodded. He was not able to detect a scent from himself but the two were able to pick the scent.

"So, did you do it with Mr. Yibo?" Zanjin asked teasingly.

Xiao Zhan's cheeks slightly blushed, "My heat just finished," he simply uttered and pick up the spoon and fork. "Let's eat," he uttered to change the topic.

The two giggled at his reaction. Just then, "You two, start eating," Haikuan distracted them and put food on their plates.

On the other hand, Yibo heard their conversation since he's sitting across from Xiao Zhan. His cheeks are blushing hard, 'he didn't deny it?' he thought. His heart is fluttering with joy.

.

After eating, they went to the beach. The sun is shining brightly yet the water is cool.

The two went swimming while the rest watch them enjoy themselves.

Kevin joined them with a tray on his hands at the shade of the small huts that are placed meters away from the shore. He served cold beverages then sat beside Xiao Zhan, "You're a lot more energetic than them when you're still a kid, young master," he chuckled as he watches his sons enjoy under the sun.

"Really?" he asked.

"Yes, you were a cheerful child back then," Kevin remarked.

"Hm, I guess so," Xiao Zhan answered and sipped from the glass of cold drink.

"By the way, young master..." Kevin uttered.

"hm?" he replied.

"About your offer last time, I think you don't need me anymore as your butler," he paused.

Xiao Zhan looked at him confusedly, "Why?" he asked.

"You have a good assistant beside you, he takes care of you well and he obliges your orders and you look comfortable around him," he said and chuckled.

Xiao Zhan looked at Yibo then looked back at Kevin, "Hm, guess so. But still, I'm not backing down my offer, whenever you feel like it. Plus, after his father's debt is paid he'll be free from his duties," Xiao Zhan uttered.

"Well, he looks like he won't back down even he paid all his debts, young master. I can see he enjoys working with you," Kevin smiled widely.

"Nah, mafia world is not a place for the likes of him. He's a good boy and he deserves a normal life. He need not be involved in such dangers. After paying his debt, whether he likes it or not, he'll need to quit," he stated.

Kevin chuckled, "You're really the same as your father. Once, I introduced Zhuocheng to your father and promised him that my next generations will be serving the master with all our lives, but he told me to not get involve my family since it's dangerous work. He said it's enough for me to serve him and my next generations should rest and have a normal life like any other people."

"Despite being in a terrifying mafia, you still have compassion in you. That's what makes you successful just like your father," he remarked and smiled wide.

Xiao Zhan's tears formed in his eyes, remembering how his father loved him made his heart clench in pain, and now he heard a story about him, he's missing him even more.

Yibo on the other hand, was just about to take a glimpse of Xiao Zhan when he saw the tears building upon his eyes. His eyes went wide, he became flustered and immediately look for something to wipe off his tears. He saw the towel he will use later after he swims. He grabbed the towel and stood to give it to Xiao Zhan, "Boss, are you okay?" Yibo asked worriedly as he handed him the towel.

Xiao Zhan looked up at him, then looked at Kevin when he heard him snickering beside him, "I told you," he smiled wide, his eyes telling him that he's right about his judgment on Yibo.

Xiao Zhan then turns his head to Yibo and grabbed the towel from him, "I'm fine and Thank you," he said and wiped the tears from his eyes.

"You're always welcome, boss," he uttered and giggled. Xiao Zhan smiled slightly at the corner of his mouth, he's getting influenced by how Yibo smile in front of him.

--

A/N: My realization in life: I'm getting shitty by the day mweheheh