STO: 46

Yibo was brought to the hospital.

Xiao Zhan is weeping as they push the stretcher to the emergency room. Yibo smiled as he looks up at his weeping face, he lifts his hands and brushes his cheeks, wiping off the tears that are falling from his eyes.

"Don't cry anymore, I'll be fine already, you see?" he assured him. But that didn't stop Xiao Zhan from crying, his heart is clenching in pain seeing him in that state. Regret had been circling his mind since he knew it's his fault for involving him in that dangerous situation. Xiao Zhan gritted his teeth, as they were near the emergency room, he was forced to wait outside, leaving him no choice.

He slumps his body on the chairs outside the room, he cupped his face as he bawled his eyes out. He's almost out of breath, his body is trembling. He doesn't know what to do now, who will calm him down in this situation? He's used to Yibo calming him down whenever he feels troubled, but now he's the reason for his worries.

"Mr. Xiao..." Haikuan suddenly popped out, he hands him water as he can see that he's wheezing because of crying.

Xiao Zhan grabbed the water from him and drank, then he catches his breath. Tears are still falling from his eyes but he calmed down a bit.

"You don't need to worry about Yibo, he's a tough guy," Haikuan said, giving him assurance.

Xiao Zhan lowered his head as he stared at the floor, he bit his lip and closed his eyes.

"Hear me out..." He suddenly uttered making Haikuan turn his head at him.

"I don't know when I started feeling this way for him..." he started. Haikuan kept quiet and listened.

"This life I'm living now is a dangerous life, I cannot withhold these feelings but I don't want to see him experiencing this life as well. He's not finished with his college yet and he still has a long way to go," he uttered. His thoughts are getting jumbled, he wants to let out so many words but he can't seem to organize everything.

Haikuan smiled, he understood what Xiao Zhan meant, "In short, You love him?" he uttered making Xiao Zhan's eyes went wide.

"Love?" Xiao Zhan asked innocently. All of his life, he'd been oblivious to such a thing, he focused his whole life on studying, and by the time the responsibility was passed on to him, he had no time for it. Not until the son of a man that borrowed money from him just came barging in his life. At first, he looks at him with pity, a debt that he did not know that exists just came to him, and forced to pay for it. But then that day came up, they shared a bed and came to an agreement. It was an AGREEMENT at first, but he didn't expect it to gradually grow to something hard to let go of.

Haikuan chuckled, "Better figure it out soon," He said and patted his shoulder. "I'll get going then since he'd be in your care," he said and stood, but before leaving, "By the way, you're uncle and his apprentice had been caught. We hope to see you at the precinct to cooperate with the further investigation, though we already have evidence beforehand," he said then bowed as he turns away and started walking away.

Xiao Zhan sighed as he cups his face, "Right, I still have that problem too," he said to himself.

Just then the doctor came out of the emergency room, after hearing the creak of the door opened, he stood from his seat and faced the doctor.

"Doc! How is he?" he asked, worriedness is in his eyes.

"He's fine now, Mr. Xiao. The removal of the bullet is successful, he didn't lose much blood but he needs to be confined for further examination. For now, he's asleep because of the anesthesia we gave him. He'll be transferred soon from the emergency room," the doctor said.

"Thank goodness. Transfer him to the best private room you have," he said to the doctor.

"Yes, Mr. Xiao. Rest assured," the doctor said before going back inside.

Xiao Zhan sighed in relief, the weight he's feeling in his heart lightened.

.

Yibo woke up, it's four in the morning, the sky is still dark. He felt a weight on his hands, he smiled when he saw who it was. Xiao Zhan is sleeping beside the bed, his face is nuzzled on his hands while his fingers are intertwined with him.

"He's sleeping, doesn't he feel uncomfortable?" he mumbled as he stares at him. His other arm is still on restraint while the other arm is restraint with Xiao Zhan's sleeping face.

"He looks tired," he muttered, "His eyes are puffy because of his crying, his lips are red, maybe because of biting too much," he uttered, his cheeks flushed, he wanted to kiss those to relieve the redness but he can't move so much for the meantime. He sighed, "I better get better soon so I can kiss him," he chuckled to himself, "Oh right, I should confess first. When he wakes up, I'm going to tell him," he said to himself with a smile on his face. Then he closed his eyes once again, "I love you..." he mumbled before he drifted to sleep.

.

Xiao Zhan woke up at six in the morning, he looked at Yibo and he's sleeping with a smile on his face. He smiled, "He looks pure like an angel," he mumbled. Then he looked at his hands, he lifts them up, and kissed his knuckles.

"I will settle everything and protect him," he said to himself as he smiled bitterly. He stared at their hands intertwined for a second before letting it go. He grabbed his phone, looked for Kevin's number, and dialed it.

As the phone rings, he stood beside the bed and looked at Yibo, "I will protect you," he mumbled and leaned to his face, then pressed his lips on his. After pulling away, he caresses his cheeks, "Please be happy," he smiled then kissed his forehead, "I love you," he whispered before pulling away.

Just the call was picked up, "Yes, hello, Kevin..." he uttered.

"You called young master?" Kevin said from the other line.

Before speaking, Xiao Zhan stared at Yibo for a second then smiled to see the innocent face he has while sleeping, he sighed as he turns his back at him, "Kevin, I need you to do me a big favor," he said to Kevin then left the room to continue the call outside.

--

A/N: Sorry for the cliffhang and short update, hehehe.