STO: 62

When Yibo arrived in front of Xiao Zhan's room, he looked side by side first to check if someone might see him sneaking in.

When he made sure the coast is clear, he grabbed the doorknob and twist it gently to avoid any noise. Surprisingly, the door was not locked.

He smiled in triumph, he succeeded. Upon opening, his mouth gaped open at the sight.

It was the same as before, the place of the table, the bed, the sofa, and everything. What was added is Xiao Zhan's picture, sitting on a chair with Xiang on his lap. He smiled wide, "He's really beautiful," he mumbled to himself as he stares at it for a minute.

At first, he just thought of getting a glimpse, but his curiosity grew further. He stepped inside, but then he halted, 'Oh no, they might accuse me of trespassing if I go farther,' he thought. But curiosity just hit him hard.

he heaved a long sigh before taking another step. 'there's no turning back,' he said to himself. In every step, he looks back at the door, he's worried that someone might catch him red-handed. Then he sighs when he made sure no one was there.

Until he reaches the sofa, he turns his head in its direction. Paper works were scattered at the coffee table, he smiled and shook his head, "How did he become messy like this?" he muttered.

He sat on the sofa and fixed the papers. Then his eyes went to his desk, he sighed, more papers were scattered there. Upon finishing fixing the paper from his coffee table, he went to his desk.

He scanned the papers and it's all office works, "he must be bringing home his works again, typical of him," he said and pick up the papers on his desk. But something caught his attention. Under the paper of office works, some papers look like letters, there are even envelopes beside it.

His brows furrowed. He cleaned up the paper works then set them aside, revealing envelopes and some pictures. He picked up one picture, "Is this Xiang when he was just born?" he uttered as he examines the picture. "He's so small," he smiled wide. "He has the same mole as Zhan," he chuckled.

Then he looked at the desk, there are more pictures. He picked them up, it was Xiang's picture from when he was still small until today's age.

"He collected them all, huh," he said then put them down. Then next, his eyes turned to an open letter from his desk.

He contemplated if he should look at it or leave it like that. He bit his lip, suppressing his curiosity.

But then he sighed in defeat, his curiosity wins over his rationality.

"Whatever, I'll just look at it a little," he said to himself.

Then he opened the letter, it was dated six years ago, 3 months after leaving the country. As he reads the letter his tears slowly flow from his eyes.

"Dear love, I missed you. I know it's my fault that we're both suffering, but I hope you won't hate me for doing this. I've loved you but I think you better live a normal life. Being with me is like exposing yourself to danger. I apologize for leaving without saying anything, but I'm afraid that if I showed myself you'll just hold onto me tighter. You deserve a peaceful life.

You know, even if you're not with me. I'm still happy, you left me a memory of you. In this letter, you'll find a picture of him. He looks a lot like you except for the mole he got from me.

I wanted to send this letter to you, but I'm afraid that this will just bound you to me and will be hard for you to move forward. But even though I can't give you this letter, at least I can express what I've been keeping inside me through this letter.

I never thought that the last time we did it would bring me a blessing. I'll take care of him, and I hope you live a good life too. I love you. Yours truly, Zhan."

Yibo's mouth gaped open, why does he have not realized that Xiang is his son. His heart throbbed, tears keep flowing from his eyes, he's too happy. Everything inside him is rejoicing. More reason for him to pursue Xiao Zhan's heart.

He put down the letter he was holding, then he notices another letter. It seems like it was not finished yet because a pen is lying down beside it.

He picked up the paper, it was dated yesterday.

"Dear love, I don't know what to feel upon meeting you again. My heart is leaping with joy but at the same time, I'm afraid. I'm afraid that you'll hate me when we bumped into each other. You know I was surprised when I found out that you never dated in that six years. Why? Are you waiting for me? Then the years I've spent were just for nothing. I did that to let you forget me, but here you are, sacrificing your life is waiting for me. Now tell me, what should I do?..."

The letter stopped at that sentence, a smile sprung from Yibo's lips. 'You should come back to me,' is his answer to the last question.

As he smiles to himself, the door flung open. His eyes darted to the door and saw Xiao Zhan, standing there eyes wide open. He can see his cheeks flushed, "Y-Yibo?!" he stuttered. He ran to his desk and grabbed the letter from him and the letters on the desk.

"T-t-that's--" he's flustered. He suddenly felt embarrassed, tears want to escape from his eyes in embarrassment. His feet moved on their own and immediately ran to escape the embarrassment. But Yibo was able to catch him.

He hugged Xiao Zhan's waist as he eye smiled. "No, I will not let you go ever again," he whispered into his ear that made him shiver all over.

"L-l-let me g-go!" he tried squirming but Yibo gripped him tight by the waist, he can't push him away as well because he's hugging the letter and pictures in his arms.

"N.O." Yibo uttered and chuckled. "Tell me everything and I'll let go," he said playfully and pulled him into the sofa while still hugging him by the waist.

Xiao Zhan blushed, even more, he hesitated and bit his lip, and the skin Yibo's touching feels warm. his heart is pounding hard and about to burst, he's afraid that he might hear his heart beating so fast.

"O-Okay. I-I'll tell you..." Xiao Zhan answered, accepting his defeat. Rather than let him hear his heart pound so loud, he'll just do what he wishes for.

"Then I'll let you tell me in this position, is that okay?" he asked teasingly as he blows on his ears making Xiao Zhan yelp in surprise.

Yibo just laughed at his cute reaction.

--

A/N: I feel like it's so lame hahhaha