STO: 51

I came back home with the groceries they made me bought.

It's been a rough day!

As I enter Haikuan ge's house, I saw uncle Kevin with him in the kitchen. I smiled as I approach them.

"Here's the grocery!" I cheered and put down what I bought on the counter. Then grabbed an apron, "What can I help?" I asked.

"Peel the vegetables over there," Haikuan ge instructed me. I grabbed the peeler then put the vegetable on the basin. Then went to the sink and started peeling them.

As I do what I'm instructed to do, I noticed uncle Kevin beside me.

"Did you already went to your wife's grave?" I asked while peeling.

"I just visited briefly. But we'll go later after the food is cooked," He said then helped me peel the vegetables. "Why? Are you going again with us?" He asked.

I smiled at him, "Of course," I answered happily.

"You'll visit the master's grave as well? You've been doing it every year," he remarked.

"Of course, If I don't then who will?" I stated and giggled.

"How about me? I visit them too," Uncle Kevin replied.

"But you visit them because your wife's grave is just beside them," I laughed.

He chuckled, "Well, I do visit them after visiting my wife," he confessed.

"See! That's why I'm going, on behalf of Xiao Zhan. I'm worried that his parents must be missing him now that he's not visiting, At least I need to remind them that Zhan we'll be seeing them soon after, that they should not get angry at him for not showing his face to them," I smiled faintly.

"Plus I have another motive," I giggled mischievously.

"Oh, sly kid," He remarked and laughed.

"I'm also introducing myself to them and get their blessing. By now, they have probably memorized my face and knew my objectives in getting Zhan's hands from them," I added with a smile of triumph. It's a win-win situation ya know.

"You're really sly," he remarked and shook his head with a wide smile. "Anyway, he's some sweets. It's a matcha-flavored mochi," he said and gave me a box of them.

Wow, it looks delicious to eat!

I immediately let go of the peeler and washed my hands then opened the box, it was mouth-watering.

"Where did it came from?" I asked him and pick one.

"... A friend..." He answered after a long pause.

"Really? Say thanks from, we could share it with everyone!" I cheered as I went to them and gave them one by one.

.

After cooking, we packed the food, then head to the cemetery, I drove my own car, and with me is my nephews, seating peacefully in the passenger seat. While Haikuan ge is with his wives and uncle Kevin is in his own car.

"Behave there, okay?" I said to the kids, I saw on the rear-view mirror, they nodded.

"Good, so hang on tight. You'll see grandma soon," I said to them and smiled.

"Yes, uncle Bo!" they both said in unison.

.

We've arrived at the cemetery, I unbuckled the kids' seatbelt then helped them stoop down the car.

"Oops, don't run yet. Wait for uncle," I instructed them. They tug on my pants obediently.

I smiled as I closed the door of the car then held their hands. "Now come on, mommies and daddy is already there," I said to them.

They both nodded at me as they followed my steps toward Uncle Kevin.

Upon arriving, I looked at Xiao Zhan's parents' grave and saw bouquets of flowers on each of the graves. Candles were lighted and a familiar box was standing at the two graves.

I approached their grave with my brows furrowed, Who could have put this here?

I looked back at Uncle Kevin, "Did you put it here uncle?" I asked.

He just looked at me, "I did not," he answered.

"Oh, so who did?" I asked myself. I sat down and rummage at the boxes that were placed on top of their grave. It was the same mochi uncle Kevin gave us.

I shrugged, maybe he bought and felt shy to admit it. I chuckled, well that's okay.

I grabbed another candle from my pocket and ignited them, then carefully place them in front of their graves.

"Uhm, Mr. and Mrs. Xiao, I'm here again. I hope you're doing okay there. I'm worried that you're getting angry at Zhan, but I hope not. I promise I will be with him when I go to visit, so please be patient a little," I talked to them. "I see you have another visitor huh?" I added. "Who could've it be?" I asked myself.

Then I looked down once again, I saw a plush toy that is big as my hand. It was a turtle plush toy, my brows met once again. Is it a kid who put this here?

In these past six years, I never had seen the graves with gifts like this, it's probably a kid.

Well, anyway. I better put the food I cooked for them here. I won't accept getting defeated by some mochi!

I laid down the container of foods, "I hope you liked what I cooked for you today, Mr. and Mrs. Xiao. It's not luxurious but it's delicious. You better try it!" I giggled then stood.

Then I exhaled, I face the others, "Let's have a picnic here?" I asked them.

The two kids nodded vigorously as they ran to me, They hugged my legs as they looked at me with their puppy eyes.

"Swing! Swing!" They both exclaimed, pertaining to them swing on my biceps.

I chuckled at them and crouch, "No swing today, only...THIS!" I attacked them with tickles. The two just laughed as I tickle them.

Just then, Uncle Kevin's phone rang.

"Excuse me, I'll just answer this," He said and walked away from us. My head tilted, "Is it work again?" I doubtingly asked myself. Don't tell me he's busy even if it's his wife's death anniversary? I really hope he takes it easy, he's been working hard since he became a butler again.

I sighed as I watch him, then the kids interrupted me. They opened their arms as if asking for a lift. I laughed and carried both of them like it's lightweight.

-

A/NN: I'm a bit light-headed and I feel sleepy because of tons of homework, I'm sorry for the lame update.