STO: 10

"Riiiiing! Riiiiing!"

"Yes, hello. 7th division, Police detective Liu Haikuan speaking," Haikuan said upon picking the telephone.

"Oh, Haikuan, glad you were the one who picked up," the man sighed from the other line.

"Chief R-Robert!?" he immediately lowered his voice in surprise. "W-we thought you're dead that your body was gone missing!" Haikuan said worriedly as he lowered his head so his subordinates won't hear him. Gladly, some of his subordinates are on duty in their community and only three of them are in the room.

"I am not, I'm in an undercover investigation about the heat inducer drugs that's been going on," he answered from the other line.

"But chief, our division is not assigned with that case," He answered.

"I know, but the case has been going on for almost a year and there's still no progress," he answered.

"Y-you're right..." Haikuan agreed.

"So these past six months I borrowed money for me to be able to investigate without a problem, when was gone I went undercover to get a hold of this drugs from the people using them, they've been being careful in trusting who to tell where they are getting this drugs," he paused, "I was able to get into their lab but it seems that their boss is being stealthy and careful to show his face. I ask some of them here and they said they haven't seen him visit the laboratory as well," he uttered.

"But chief, isn't it dangerous? Working on your own I mean," Haikuan asked worriedly.

Robert chuckled, "I'm fine, but I need you to report me about the progress of the case the 8th division is making. I'll be calling you from time to time," he uttered.

"But, chief, why me?" Haikuan asked, not confident with himself.

"Because I know I can trust you and you're also a good friend of my son, so that's another reason," he chuckled from the other line.

"B-But sir, t-this s too extreme for me to handle," he stuttered.

"I know you can do it," he reassured, "Plus, I think the 8th division is hiding something that's why the case isn't progressing at all," he said in his serious tone.

"H-Hiding?" Haikuan repeated.

"Yes, so I need you to keep quiet about our talk today. And don't ever tell anyone even my family that I called you, I don't want them involved," he said with his sad tone.

"Y-yes chief, I understand," he uttered.

"And also, please take care of my family. I can only entrust this to you," he said from the other line with a faint smile on his face. Even if he wants to protect his family by himself, he can't because of his sense of duty as the deputy chief.

"Yes chief, I will do my best," Haikuan said determinedly.

"Thank you, I will call you again sometime when I have new leads. For now, check my family's condition for my sake," he paused, "By the way, I'm using a payphone so you can't call me, I disassemble my phone since I've gone missing so no one can track me," He added.

"Okay chief, take care," Haikuan answered before Robert cut the call.

He sighed, "Chief really has so much sense of justice, I can't keep up," he said and put the telephone back. Then he jolted, "Well then, I'll do my best as well as his underling!" he said to himself, determined with his resolve.

.

.

.

"Hm, honey looks like the inducer is not making a progress la-ugh-tely~ hng~" A petite body of a man bounces his body on top of his lover.