STO: 12

"Dad, mom, I don't know who to trust anymore," Xiao Zhan mumbled to himself as he looks at the photo of his parents, it's already midnight and he can't sleep a single wink. The thought of someone in his house is betraying him is still unbelievable, he had live in that house since his birth and already knew everyone who comes and goes. Even when he's still a kid and his father is still the leader. He can't believe that someone's been betraying him.

He sighed as he massages his temple, "Dad, just how am I going to hide my gender if this keeps happening?" he asked as the thought of what his father always tells him, "Don't ever tell anyone your gender, for you to be always safe even when we are not with you."

He put down the photo on the table and closed his eyes as he heaved a long sigh, "Who could it be?!" he exclaimed in frustration.

.

Yibo woke up in the middle of the night, he sat on the bed and scratch his eyes. Upon clearing his vision, he looked at the clock beside his bed, it was twelve-thirty at dawn. He felt his throat dry, 'Why do I feel thirsty in the middle of the night?' he asked himself and scratch his head in annoyance.

He stood from his bed, 'The room beside the boss's room has water, instead of going to the kitchen there would be fine,' he thought. He went out of his room and started making his way to the room. He walks slowly, as he tried not to create noise that might disturb anybody. The corridor is not well lighted but he relied on his vision that's adapting to the dim surroundings. Plus he'd been cleaning the second floor every day that's why he had finally memorized every crook and nook.

When he finally arrived, something caught his attention. Light is escaping from the small spaces of Xiao Zhan's door, 'Is boss still awake?' he thought.

But then he shrugged off, he turns back to the door where he will get water but then his curiosity is killing him. He is debating with himself if he should check on Xiao Zhan or not.

He sighed as he grabs the knob of the door in front of him, but then his eyes waver, he looked at Xiao Zhan's door at the corner of his eyes. He heaved a long frustrated sigh before turning his way to Xiao Zhan's door, he stood there for a moment, contemplating with himself if its the right thing to do.

But then, his curiosity win over, he knocked on the door before speaking, "Boss? It's me Yibo," he uttered.

Xiao Zhan looked in the direction of the door when he heard Yibo, he stood from his seat and opened the door for him, "What is it?" he asked Yibo.

Yibo looked at him with his cheeks flushed red, Xiao Zhan is dressed in a robe, the chest area is exposing his toned chest, and when he walks his legs get exposed for a glimpse.

"D-did I wake you boss?" he asked worriedly as he looks away, trying to hide his flustered face.

"No, I was still awake," Xiao Zhan answered and left the door open as he walks back to his seat.

Yibo watches him turn away from him, 'Is it okay to enter?' he thought, 'but he left the room open,' he added. He obediently entered Xiao Zhan's room since there's no sign of Xiao Zhan closing it on his face. Upon entering, he closed the door behind him and followed Xiao Zhan to his desk.

"Is there something bothering you, boss?" Yibo asked as he looks at him curiously, then he saw the picture on Xiao Zhan's desk. 'Is that his parents?' he thought.

"I have lots to think about," Xiao Zhan uttered and sat on his swivel chair. He crossed his legs, unconsciously exposing his leg.

Yibo immediately looks away when his eyes suddenly caught a glimpse of it.

"Anyway, why are you still awake?" Xiao Zhan asked him.

Yibo lowered his head, "A-ah I was thirsty so I.. Uhm decided to get water, hehe" he scratches his head.

"Is that so?" he uttered, "Then accompany me for just an hour until I feel like sleeping."

Yibo looked up at him, 'did I heard him right?' he thought. His cheeks suddenly felt hot, he's aware that he's been having sex with Xiao Zhan, but it was just because he's helping him with his heat, accompanying him without sex is a different matter. His heart suddenly pounded crazily.

"Sit anywhere you like," Xiao Zhan instructed him.

'Seriously?!' he thought.

"What? Do you want to stand the whole time?" Xiao Zhan raised an eyebrow at him.

Yibo flinched and immediately look for a place to sit. He spotted the sofa not far from the desk. He sat obediently there.

"Good, just stay there," Xiao Zhan said as he picks up the picture again.

The room went silent, Yibo sat politely on the sofa while stealing small glances at Xiao Zhan. Xiao Zhan is making a sad face as he stares at a piece of paper in his hand.

'What's making the boss look gloomy?' he thought. He gathered all his courage, since he's a worrisome person he decided to ask what's making Xiao Zhan that expression.

"Boss?" he called out.

Xiao Zhan looked at him at the corner of his eyes, "yes?" he answered.

"W-why are you m-making a sad face?" he asked bluntly as he looks down, 'I hope he won't get mad at me,' he thought.

Xiao Zhan then looks back at the photo, "Nothing, a brat that still has his parents won't understand," he uttered and sighed. He opened the drawer of his desk and put the photo inside.

"Oh," Yibo answered as he lowers his head, he fidgets with his fingers as he feels dejected. 'Does he miss his parents?' he asked himself as he observes why he was acting like that.

"T-then do you want me to pat your head?" Yibo suddenly blurted out that made Xiao Zhan raise an eyebrow at him.

Yibo suddenly felt embarrassed, "W-well, My mother u-used to pat my head to sleep whenever I feel sad about something..." he answered nervously. He's afraid that Xiao Zhan might get angry at his suggestion.

Then he heard a rustling sound, he look up and saw Xiao Zhan walking to his bed.

"Well then," he said and laid on the bed.

Yibo looked at him, shocked. 'Is he really letting me?' he thought.

"What? I thought you'll pat me to sleep?" Xiao Zhan asked and raised an eyebrow at him.

Yibo jolted and immediately stood on the bed and sat beside Xiao Zhan.

---

A/N: Sorry for not updating last night. My family and I were having precautionary measures around the house because both my parents got contact with a Covid positive the past few weeks because of their work as a teacher. So now, we're in the middle of home quarantine and making sure to strengthen our immune system. Sorry for making you wait with my slow update. Hope everyone's safe, take care always! Love lots! (づ ̄ 3 ̄)づ