STO: 57

Yibo arrived at the mall. He came from Xiao Zhan's mansion, while he was there, he notices nothing particular or any sign that Xiao Zhan came back. Six years ago, after Kevin told him the reason why Xiao Zhan fled, he never tried stepping inside the house, instead, he just looks at the mansion from outside the gate. He's afraid that he might recall the good memories they shared when he sees the nooks and crooks of the inside. Until today, he didn't try to go inside. Even years had passed, he's still afraid that he'll get reminded and open his wounds of the past, but even so, he still loves him from the bottom of his heart until today.

Yibo sighed as he happens to enter a department store. He felt a little bit dejected since he was excited to visit the mansion for a long time, but still, he didn't find any signs of Xiao Zhan coming home.

"Gladly, I have no class to teach today. It might be hard for my students to see me like this," he mumbled to himself as he sluggishly went to the men's wear section beside the kid's wear section.

"Maybe I took my excitement too much, to the point that I'm disappointed with assuming so much," he heaved a long sigh of dejection.

"Might as well refresh my mind for a bit," he added and rummage on clothes at the men's wear section. 'It's because I realize Zhan looked like that kid,' he thought as he brows clothes that he might like.

"Would my baby like this?"

Yibo then jolted when he heard a familiar voice, his brows furrowed. He paused, 'Is it me or am I hearing things? Or I'm just thinking of him too much that his voice even echoes in my head?" he asked himself.

Then he shrugged away the thought, 'it can't be that it's him,' he thought as he shook his head.

"aaaah, I'm going crazy!" he whispered to himself and pulled his hair in annoyance.

But then he stopped, he looked around if anyone saw him talking to himself, he's worried that someone might mistake him that he's crazy.

He sighed in relief when he saw that no one is around.

"I guess buying clothes is not the best way to relieve myself," he sighed and left the department store.

.

While Xiao Zhan browses on the kid's wear section, he suddenly smelt something familiar. He flinched as his brows furrowed. His heart calmed down a bit because of the handkerchief his son gave him yesterday. His heat usually occurs, two to three days. But when Yibo was still with him, it lasts for only a day. Now he's on his strong dose of suppressants, that he was able to get out of the house.

He decided to surprise his kid with some clothes and some things to make him feel better since he saw Xiang's eyes were all puffy yesterday, 'he must have cried, my poor baby,' is what he thought.

He looks around, trying to find where it was coming from but he can't see any sign of the person he was looking for. He doesn't know why, but his body just suddenly moved on its own. As if it's programmed to look for THIS specific person.

Then he jolted when he realized what's he's doing, 'No Zhan, why are you looking for him? What if you saw him? What will you say to him? Is your heart ready?' is the questions circling his mind. His heart throbbed. 'I'm not prepared to face him yet,' he said to himself.

He didn't notice, he was clenching on the clothes he was holding. "Young master?" Kevin called out when he noticed him looking like he's about to punch someone.

Xiao Zhan snapped out of his thoughts when he heard Kevin called him, "Oh... Yes?" he asked innocently as if he did nothing.

Kevin sighed, "Something bothering you?" Kevin asked, not as a butler but a guardian.

Xiao Zhan smiled at him, "Ah, no..." he said then looked at the clothes he was holding. "I just thought this design is shitty," he chuckled and looked at the clothes.

Even so, Xiao Zhan acted like that, Kevin can see something's bothering Xiao Zhan. The pain in Xiao Zhan's eyes that he is seeing now is the same pain he saw that time before he left the country.

Kevin sighed, "So have you decided to meet him?" he suddenly brought up.

Xiao Zhan flinched, just when he almost saw HIM today, Kevin asked such a question.

He lowered his head and chuckled bitterly, "You know the answer to that," he answered.

"Are you really not going to change your mind?" Kevin threw daggers at him, "I'm telling you this as your guardian, not as your butler. I wish you would show your face to him and introduce your child. At least that, he deserves to know," he added. Xiao Zhan's heart was scathe, he felt the guilt.

"I've seen him a lot of times do his best. That time, I wanted to stop you from fleeing away from this country because I've seen how much you mean to him since the time I've seen him take care of you. But I thought to myself, maybe you wanted some space for a while. But now, I will not let you hide away from him again, now that you both already have a kid," he stated. He saw how much Xiao Zhan is hurting himself, he wants to reunite them for the sake of Xiao Zhan. He knows that he's been crying almost every night and sometimes Xiao Zhan's thoughts are nowhere. Even when he was abroad, that behavior was always reported to him by Zhan's secretary and servants.

Xiao Zhan immediately raises his head, "No, please. I beg you, don't tell him yet---" Xiao Zhan pleaded. "I will- I will show myself to him! But not now... Not yet..." he mumbled then lowered his head. His body trembled, he's about to cry again. Being away from Yibo made him vulnerable and fragile. His heart is not yet ready to face him.

"I understand," Kevin sighed, "Tell me whenever you're ready, young master, I'll bring you to him," he said, turning back to his butler mode.

"Yes... thank you for always looking out for me..." Xiao Zhan uttered. He closed his eyes to calm himself.

"You should rest first, young master," Kevin offered. "Is the café across, fine?" he asked. Xiao Zhan nodded as he let go of the clothes he was holding and head to the café across the department store.

---

A/N: For the meantime, I'll update short updates, (Though most of the time it's a short update (≧▽≦)) Finals is neeeear, I'm kinda nervous hahaha