STO: 59

After the incident, Yibo was scolded by the principal. But still, his mind is not there. The thought of seeing Xiao Zhan after six years brought bliss deep inside him.

He's too happy that even he was given a warning and told to go back to his class, it was impossible for him to focus. He was not able to teach and only focused on looking at his time. Because he'd go ambush Xiao Zhan in his house. He'd been wanting to see him and now he just saw him face-to-face.

He arrived at Xiao Zhan's house, he was in front of the gate when a group of guards is guarding upfront. He tilted his head, it was the first time that there were five of them guarding the gates. He approached them, "Uhm... Good afternoon," he greeted. The guards looked at him like he's a threat.

He immediately backs up a bit since they look menacing. "I-I just want to talk to the boss..." he said and chuckled awkwardly.

No one talked, but their eyes are still darted to him. Just then Tob came out, "What's the matter?" He asked. Yibo's eyes lightened since he knew Tob know that he was a former servant from the house and Kevin knew him as well.

"Oh, it's you," Tob uttered upon laying his eyes at him, "If you're looking for the boss. I'm sorry I can't let you in," he said sternly and about to turn away when Yibo called him.

"Tob!" he called, Tob stopped at his track and turn around, giving him a 'what-is-it?' look.

"Uhm, Can I just talk to him, once?" he pleaded with his hands clasp in front of him.

Tob's brows furrowed, "The boss instructed us to not receive any guest, you may go," he said sternly and turn away again. This time, he won't look back anymore.

"Please! Just once!" he shouted but Tob didn't give him an eye.

He sighed and lowered his head, he felt dejected. But then he's enthusiasm didn't waver. Anyhow, he's going to meet him no matter what.

'If not now, then there's still tomorrow,' is what he said to himself.

.

The next day, he woke up early. He only slept for five hours in excitement.

'I'm going to spend my paid leave since I haven't used it since I started teaching,' he said to himself and called the school to inform them.

After calling the school, he started doing his morning routine and ready to get out. Upon opening his door, he saw Haikuan who is about to ring his doorbell.

"Good morning," Haikuan greeted him.

"Oh, Kuan ge. Morning, what brings you here?" he asked curiously.

"About that... Can I ask you a favor?" He started.

Yibo was so happy that he unconsciously accepted the favor, he nodded, "What is it?" he answered with a wide smile.

"You have class this morning? If not, can you go to the kids' parent-teacher meeting?" Haikuan.

Yibo jolted when he realized that the favor just ruined his plan on going to Xiao Zhan's house. "U-Uhm..." he paused, thinking of a way to escape.

"Please~ I beg you, I'm needed on the station. My wives are busy with their company as well, while dad... Uhm... he was.. uhm.. he has worked," he stuttered at the last sentence.

Yibo's brows furrowed, the last part was somewhat suspicious. But then, he can see the desperation in Haikuan's eyes. He sighed, "Okay, okay. It will not take a whole day right?" he accepted in defeat.

Haikuan smiled widely, "Thank you! I'll leave my kids to you. And by the way, they only have a half-day today so you can bring them home after the meeting," he said happily.