STO: 48

Yibo was discharged from the hospital. His parents brought him home.

Yibo looked at his phone to see if he received any message or missed calls but there's nothing. His face gloomed, dumfounded at the silence of his phone.

His parents notice his expression and looked at each other, they feel sad for Yibo. It's obvious that he's been expecting a call.

"Son, we're here," Robert uttered as he parks his car.

Yibo didn't even notice that they arrived. His mother looked at him, "You okay, son?" she asked worriedly.

Yibo just faintly smiled, "I'm fine, mom," he answered and put his phone in his pocket then opened the door. The sadness in his eyes was visible behind the smile he gives off.

Yibo went straight to his room. He grabbed his phone from his pocket then stared at the only number of a person who he wants to hear from.

"Should I call? He's not busy is he?" he mumbled to himself. He sighed then put his phone on his chest as he heaves a long sigh. "Damn, I miss him. I wonder if he's missing me too," he said then closed his eyes.

Just then, the image of the person he wants to see pops out of his head, he immediately jerks and sat up. "ARRRGH!" he groaned. He's worried that he might find him a nuisance but he's more anxious when he's not hearing his voice.

It's been and he still does not have his daily dose of Xiao Zhan's voice. He looked at his phone aggressively, "Here goes nothing..." he said and closed his eyes as he taps on the call button.

He bit his lip as he closes his eyes shut. 'I hope he answers!' he convinced himself.

But everything crumbled when it didn't go through. His brows furrowed, "I cannot reach him?" he said to himself, his shoulders droop, all his energy vanished. "Why?" he asked himself.

Tears are already building upon his eyes, "Just when I'm going to tell him..." he mumbled. He laid on his chest as he buries his face on the pillow. He reminisces the times they spent together and the things they did together. He thought everything is mutual, but it seems that something's not right.

As he's contemplating with himself, a knock on the door interrupted him. He immediately sat up and wiped the building tears on his eyes.

"Yes?" he answered, his voice nearly cracking.

"Son, you have a visitor," His mom said from the other side of the door.

Yibo's eyes went wide, he swiftly stood from the bed. He suddenly became flustered, excitement had filled his system. 'Is it Xiao Zhan?!' he said inside his head.

"Yes, I'll be right there!" he shouted. He inhaled and exhaled to calm his excitement down or Zhan might get turned off.

Then he was able to calm down, he smiled widely as he looked at the mirror. "It's just a day but I hope my face doesn't look bad," he mumbled happily.

Then he marched to his door, he heaved a heavy sigh before opening his door. he went down the stairs.

Upon arriving at the living room, the curve on his face vanished. He knew something is wrong, his instinct just knew about it. Kevin is sitting in the living room while Tob is standing beside the seat. Kevin was so stern that is far from the image of him when they were on the vacation.

"Oh, son. Come, Mr. Kevin has something to say," Robert said when he turned in his direction.

His chest suddenly throb, 'something's not right...' he thought. He dragged his feet to Robert's side, his whole body feels numb, and his chest is clenching tight.