STO: 27

When Haikuan arrived at the headquarters, he put down his bag and grabbed his phone. He opened the email that came from Robert Wang.

"It will be our third anniversary after my brother's and his wife's commemoration, what would you like to be your present my kitten?" A man in his deep voice uttered.

"Hm, You getting the title you were wanting to get from the start is the best gift I want to receive, honey," Another man spoke.

"All it needs is our plan to be successful then," The man with a deep voice.

"Yes~ purr~" The other replied.

"What a cute cat you are," The deep-voiced complimented.

While listening, Haikuan's brows are furrowed.

"I remember when I first met you at the funeral. You were smoking hot in your black suit, then you became hotter in my eyes when you told me you were the one who planned for their death. Ngrrr! I fell in love with you even more,"

Haikuan paused the record, his brows furrowed tight even more at what he heard. "This person must person is a murderer as well? This case is a lot more complicated than I thought," he commented then he pressed play again to hear the rest.

"Really?" The deep-voiced man uttered.

"Yes, I love your psychotic side I must say," The other said.

'By the looks of it, they are flirting,' Haikuan thought as he continued listening.

"Damn attractive!" The other man added.

"Likewise, I love your beautiful and sexy body, kitten," The deep-voiced man.

"Hm,"

Haikuan's brows furrowed once again, 'Moan? Are they doing some office sex or something?' he thought, weirded out at what he's hearing. 'is it normal to have sex in places where someone might see them?' he added.

"Well anyway, the inducers must be ready before the commemoration then. Are these lowly workers of yours are even progressing?" It's the voice of the other man.

'Huh? They are planning something? Commemoration? A gathering? They'll be using these inducers for that?!' he blood boiled all of a sudden. 'If it's an enclosed space, the probability of the other guest being affected is high. It's worse if most of the guests are alphas. But where could it be happening? We must act before it happens!' he said to himself.

"Well, they've been working for it for three years. They've been distributed outside as well with the help of the drug dealers to test if it works for a longer period and affects faster," The deep-voiced man said.

"When I first tried it on my brother's driver, its effect manifested slower than I expected," he added.

'So it means, the production of drugs had been going on for three years? This man hasn't been caught has he?' he clicked his tongue, "He killed his brother and his wife using the inducer drug on his driver and he's operating an illegal drug facility. By the tone of their voice this man has not been caught yet," he shook his head, 'These type of people should be rotten in prison,' he gritted his teeth.

"Hmp! they better perfect it now!" The other scoffed.

"Yes, yes, they sure will," Deep-voiced man.

'And he dares be happy about it? He's really mentally sick, the same with the one with him,' he clenched his fist.

"Now, shall we head home? The workers had gone home,"

"Sure~"

The recording had ended. Haikuan's body is trembling in anger. He gritted his teeth as he closed his eyes. 'Calm down Haikuan, you need to think straight,' he said to himself. He inhaled and exhaled heavily, thinking of something to calm himself down. The faces of the two suddenly flashed in his head, the sleeping face of the two just makes every worry in him vanish. He released a last exhale before opening his eyes, his anger calmed down.

But then he suddenly remembered the case he heard last night, The Xiao's car accident, "Right, that one too," he sighed. He massaged his temple.

"I should make a report on it too so I can track it easily," he mumbled and faced his laptop.

.

"Are you feeling well, boss?" Zixin asked Xiao Zhan out of nowhere. Xiao Zhan looked at him, "I'm fine, why do you ask?" he answered. Since their business with the hotel is already done, their working at the mansion again. But for Zixin, he was doing things for the boss since he's the secretary.

Zixin smiled sweetly at him, "I'm just worried, boss. You know, you've been busy working on your parents' commemoration and doing your paper works in the company."

"That would not be a problem. I'm healthy as always," he said then turned his attention to the paper he was holding.

"Glad to know," Zixin uttered. "Should I get you a tea or coffee, boss?" he asked.

"Oh, I'm fine. Instead, you work on the invitations and cater of the commemoration," he instructed Zixin, then he called out for Tob, "Tob, Call Yibo, he'll do the errands around here," He said to him. Tob bowed as he obliged and went out to get Yibo.

"But boss, don't you think a cleaning boy like him will be able to make coffee?" Zixin asked worriedly.

A small smile form at the corner of Xiao Zhan's lips unconsciously, "Well, I tried his coffee and it tastes great," he uttered.

Zixin was astonished at his reaction, his eyes went wide, "Boss, you sure you're not ill?" he asked once again.

Xiao Zhan's expression went back to its emotionless state, "I'm really fine, though," he uttered then turned his head to his works.

Zixin looked at him, seems to be weirded out in his expressions, he shook his head. "I must be seeing things," he mumbled.

"Did you say something?" Xiao Zhan asked, he heard him talk but was not able to understand.

"O-oh, nothing, boss," he chuckled awkwardly as he opens his laptop on the coffee table and started his work.

---

A/N: Sorry for the short update. My brain is on drought. HAHAHA