STO: 55

"Kuan ge, let me fetch your kids today," Yibo declared in the phone call. He just got out of school, he dismissed earlier than his expected time. He made it so, so he can fetch his nephews and another reason.

"It's rare of you to initiate, what's the occasion?" Haikuan asked curiously from the other line. He's in the middle of doing his report.

"It's nothing, my last class just dismissed early, is all," He shrugged and smiled.

"You sure? Is it not a lover or something?" Haikuan teased.

Yibo laughed, "What do you mean? You know I only have my heart to HIM right?" He remarked.

"I'm just kidding," Haikuan laughed, "Seriously, what's with you?" he asked.

"Nah, I'm heading to their school. Tell my brothers-in-law that they don't need to fetch them," He changed the subject.

Haikuan chuckled, "Okay, okay," He accepted his defeat, "Anyway, you seem happier since yesterday, or is it last Saturday? there's really something up with you," he added.

"Hm? Is there?" Yibo asked, wondering why he himself is acting strange. There was unexplained bliss inside him since two days ago.

"Yeah, just like now. You seem enthusiastic to fetch my kids, is there an ulterior motive?" Hiakuan suspected.

Yibo just laughed, "I don't know what's on your mind right now, Kuan ge, I just dismissed early, that's why," he reasoned out.

Haikuan sighed, "Well, whatever. That's convenient anyway," he answered, "I'll tell Cheng and Zanjin. By the way, thanks," he added.

"Yeah, yeah," he smiled, "By the way, I'm here. Call you later," He said before cutting off the call.

Yibo went out of his car, the kids' parents and guardians are waiting outside the classroom. It's still ten minutes before their dismissal.

Yibo sat on an open seat as he waits for the dismissal time. He doesn't know why excitement just rushed up to his head. He once in a while checks on his watch, getting impatient for their dismissal.

And for the tenth time, he checks his watch, the school bell rang. The kids started to head out of the room, and each of them went to their parents.

When Jinkuan and Haicheng went out, they immediately spotted Yibo. They run to him, "Uncle!" they both shouted in unison.

They ran into him and hugged his legs.

"How are you?" He asked the two.

"Good!" JinKuan answered.

"We good, but Xiang Xiang is not," Haicheng answered with his sad face.

"Why? What happened?" he crouches as he asked worriedly.

"He's sad, he is crying inside," Jinkuan answered sadly.

Yibo stood from his crouching and held both their hands, "Come on, let's see him," he said.

They went inside the classroom, Xiang was inside with the teacher trying to calm him down. But Xiang didn't stop crying, whatever the teacher says.

As the door clatter, it caught Xiang's attention. He looked in their direction, he bawled his eyes even more upon seeing Yibo. He stoops down from his seat and runs to Yibo, he hugged him tight and snuggled his face on his chest.

Yibo then hugged back as he pats his back, "Why? What's the matter?" he asked softly to the kid.

"He's been crying all day, Mr. Wang," The teacher said worriedly.