STO: 54

As Justine and Xiang Xiang went out of the mall, Justine's phone rang. He grabbed his phone and pick up the phone, "Yes, boss?" he answered.

"I'm at the parking lot, are you done?" Xiao Zhan asked.

"Yes, boss. The young master seems to be tired," he answered.

"Hm, then I'll take him home instead," Xiao Zhan uttered, "I'm at the parking lot, at the east wing," he added.

"Y-yes boss!" He answered then cut the call. He went to where they were Xiao Zhan said while carrying Xiang Xiang in his arms, who seems like will drift to sleep anytime soon.

Justine immediately spotted them. He gave Xiang Xiang to Xiao Zhan, "Thank you for your hard work," he praised him.

"Thank you, boss," Justine said and bowed.

"Take the car back home then you can go home," Xiao Zhan instructed.

"Boss, your suppressants," he said and gave him the bag of medicine.

"Oh, right. Thank you," He said and smiled at him. He grabbed the bag from him.

"Well, then. Let's go," he said and entered the passenger seat of his car while Justine went to the car they used to get to the mall.

.

As they closed the door, Xiao Zhan's brows furrowed. He smelt something familiar from Xiang Xiang. Now it's a bit strong since his heat is just around the corner. He sniffed Xiang Xiang once again to confirm. It was a nostalgic scent. His eyes went wide when a memory popped inside his head. It was the times they spent together. His heart suddenly throbs. He can't believe that after six years, he smelt HIS scent again.

"Kevin?" Xiao Zhan asked.

Kevin looked at the rearview mirror, "Yes, young master?" he asked then turn his eyes to the road.

"Is there a possibility that an alpha's pheromones can be the same as the others?" he asked curiously.

"I don't think so, young master? Why you asked?" Kevin.

His brows furrowed"Well, I can smell a familiar scent from Xiang."

"Hm, I'm no expert in such field, young master. Maybe yes, or not, I guess?" Kevin replied.

Xiao Zhan chuckled, "Well, anyway. It's the third time I smelt this familiar scent. It's a scent that always calms me down long ago," he smiled bitterly.

Kevin noticed Xiao Zhan's sudden gloom, he sighed, "Do you want to meet him?" He asked Xiao Zhan. He knew who he was pertaining to.

Xiao Zhan was surprised at his question, then he smiled faintly, "I do but rather not," he answered as he watches Xiang sleep peacefully in his arms.

"Why?" Kevin.

"I told you my reason. I don't want to drag him down in this path," He answered and caress Xiang's cheeks.

"But he's been doing his best for you. He trained for you to acknowledge him," Kevin uttered.

"He might be doing that but the mafia world is a lot different, drawing blood is a normal thing in our world," Xiao Zhan answered and bit his lip.

"What if he knew about the kid, what will you do?" Kevin asked.

Xiao Zhan suddenly felt scared, "...I-I don't know..." he answered, his voice almost cracking.

"Will you hide him forever from him?" Kevin asked once again.

"...I don't know..." he mumbled again. He clenched his fist, he's trying to contain his tears.

"Do you love him?" Kevin suddenly asked.

His heart throbbed, he was caught off guard at his question. There's a long silence inside the car. Kevin took a glimpse at Xiao Zhan from the rearview mirror and he can see that he was surprised at his question.

"... I still love him..." he mumbled as he lowers his head. "B-but..." he added. Tears started falling from his eyes.

"That's the answer all along, young master," Kevin smiled.

"H-he deserves b-better.." Xiao Zhan cried.

"What's your definition of better, young master?" Kevin asked with a faint smile.

"All I can s-say is, I-I'm no better for the likes of h-him..." he stuttered.

"Did he told you that?" Kevin.

"N-no..." he sniffled.

"Then it is settled. Why not show him yourself?" Kevin asked once again.

"N-no... I know he's doing better now. I don't want to ruin it a-anymore..." Xiao Zhan cried.

"Why don't you see for yourself first, instead of getting yourself hurt without confirming?" Kevin.

"No... I can't..." he mumbled, "What if h-he hates me that I left him? What if he c-cursed at me?" He wept.

"You haven't done it yet, yet you're getting ahead of everything," Kevin smiled at him, "How will you know the result if you haven't tried it yet? There's no result if you haven't tried it yourself," Kevin stated.

"N-no... I'm not yet ready," He sniffled.

Just then Xiao Zhan felt a small hand wipe the tears from his cheeks. "Daddy's crying again," Xiang mumbled, he was awakened by his sniffles.

Xiao Zhan looked down and hugged him, "I'm sorry, baby. Daddy is crying again," he uttered, trying to suppress his cries. But his tears won't stop falling from his eyes.

"It's okay, daddy. Xiang Xiang is here, don't cry anymore, hush~" he said and patted his back.

Xiao Zhan smiled faintly. 'It's okay. Yibo's doing well now. I'm already fine with a memory he left for me-Xiang,' he thought. His tears stopped from flowing, he sighed internally. 'I can't continue like this, he had seen me cried a lot of times already. I better be strong!' he said inside his head. 'But even so, he still witnesses me in my vulnerable state,' he sighed internally.

He pulled away from the hug and cupped Xiang's cheeks, "Daddy's okay now. Xiang Xiang did a great job!" he kissed Xiang's forehead.

"But daddy's eyes are red," Xiang pouted and crossed his little arms on his chest.

Xiao Zhan forced a chuckle, "Kiss daddy and it will heal."

Xiang cupped his cheeks with his small hands then kissed Xiao Zhan's swollen eyes. "There," He giggled.

"Thank you, baby," he uttered and forced a smile.

---