STO: 61

"Uncle let's play at my house!" Xiang giggled as he holds Yibo's hands with his little hands as they went out of the restaurant.

Yibo smiled, "Would that be okay with your daddy?" he asked the kid.

Xiang paused for a moment and looked at him innocently. Then a smile sprung from his lips again, "Daddy knows uncle already!" he answered.

Yibo chuckled, "At least I'm fifty percent away from my goal," he grinned.

Xiang heard him murmured, he tilted his head in curiousness, "What are you saying uncle?" he suddenly asked.

Yibo was caught off guard, 'Oh, I said it out loud,' he thought. He laughed awkwardly, "Oh, nothing, nothing. I said I'm excited to play with little Xiang," he said then pick him up in his arms.

"Xiang Xiang excited to play with uncle too!" he exclaimed happily.

.

On the road, Xiang suddenly felt curious. He looked at Yibo with his curious eyes, "Uncle, do you know where my house is?" he asked.

Yibo's eyes went wide, he's surprised at his sudden question. He smiled, "Uhm... Well.. Uncle is Daddy's old acquaintance," he lied. It's not appropriate for the kid to know that he's satisfying his father back in the day.

"Ohh~" Xiang answered, seems to be amazed.

Yibo sighed in relief when Xiang didn't give him a follow-up question.

Then they arrived there in no time. They were stopped by the guards in front of the gate.

A guard suddenly knocks on his window, then he pulled down the window to show his face, "What might be your business sir?" A guard asked.

"Oh, I'm here to take Xiao Xiang home," he said. The guard darted his eyes farther inside and saw Xiang sitting on the shotgun seat. Xiang smiled and waved his hand at the guard.

The guard was star-struck at his cuteness, "Hi uncle guard, Uncle here will play with Xiang!" Xiang giggled.

He cleared his throat, for a moment there, he was carried away by Xiang's cuteness. "Y-you may go in," he answered, his voice early cracking.

The gate opened and they drove inside.

When they arrived at the front of the house, Yibo immediately went out to open the door for Xiang.

Then they step out, Yibo stood in front of the front door. It's been a long time since the last time he came. And the outer design hasn't changed at all, except for a little detail.

"Uncle, inside, inside!" Xiang then pulled him inside.

Upon opening the door, there he saw major changes. The house looks more lively, the colors and designs were a lot different, you can say that it was a kid-friendly kind of vibes.

"Wow," he unconsciously mumbled.

Xiang smiled wide at him, feeling proud upon seeing Yibo's reaction. "Let's go to my room, uncle!" he said and drag Yibo by his hand.

When they arrived in front of his room, his eyes darted at the room beside it. Upon reminiscing the past, it was Xiao Zhan's room. 'Is he still rooming there?' he asked himself, staring at the door of Xiao Zhan's room.

Xiang noticed Yibo's lack of interest, he looked at where Yibo is looking, "That's daddy's room! You wanna play there instead?" Xiang asked innocently.

Yibo laughed and ruffled his hair, "No, silly. Daddy might get angry at me if we play there."

Xiang pouted, "But uncle looks like he wants to play at daddy's room instead," he sulked.

Yibo smiled wide, "No, I'd like to play in Xiang's room. Can I?" he coaxed the kid.

A wide smile sprung out of Xiang's lips, "Okay~" he giggled and pulled Yibo's hands inside his room.

.

They played for almost three hours, Xiang started getting sleepy. He yawned, his eyes were already hooded. He's even wobbling and about to fall on the floor. But Yibo's adrenaline was quick, he swiftly caught him in his arms. Yibo smiled, "He's sleepy yet he didn't even tell me, he must be tired," he muttered and carried him in his arms. Then he stood and put him on his bed. He tucks him inside the blanket and caresses his cheeks. Xiang then rubbed his face on Yibo's hands, a memory suddenly popped inside his head. Xiao Zhan was like that as well, whenever he caresses his cheeks, he rubbed them on his hands. "Like father like son indeed," he mumbled.

Then he kissed his forehead, "Sleep tight, little one," he said then leaned away. He sat beside Xiang as he stares at the ceiling.

"I wonder how much has changed inside this house?" he asked himself. "Is my room still the same? Is Zhan's room still the same as well?" he kept thinking.

Every second that passed, he gets more curious. His brows furrowed, curiosity is killing him added with his boredom in just staying beside the kid.

He sighed, "I'll just take a glimpse. A glimpse only,' he said to himself and stood.

When he's in the corridor near his old room, he saw a maid cleaning not far from there.

"Uhm, hi," he greeted the maid. The maid was shocked for a moment but then bowed, "Hello, sir," he greeted back, flustered.

Yibo chuckled, "Oh, don't need to call me sir, I worked here a long time ago. I just got curious about the changes here and there."

"Oh," The maid remarked.

"By the way, can I see this room?" He asked pointed his old room.

The maid became flustered, "Uhm sir. That room... The master said not to go in there. It was locked and we're told that only the master has the permission to go inside," She apologized.

Yibo was surprised, 'What does that even mean?' he thought. His mind is not processing any information at the moment.

"I-is that so? That's a shame," he uttered. "So it's off-limits huh," he whispered to himself.

He sighed, 'Better look at his room instead,' he said inside his head, "Thank you for telling me," he said and turned in the direction of Xiao Zhan's room.

"Yes, sir," The maid bowed and went back to his work.

When Yibo arrived in front of Xiao Zhan's room, he looked side by side first to check if someone might see him sneaking in.

When he made sure the coast is clear, he grabbed the doorknob and twist it gently to avoid any noise. Surprisingly, the door was not locked.

He smiled in triumph, he succeeded. Upon opening, his mouth gaped open at the sight.

---

A/N: I'm sorry for not updating yesterday. Unfortunately, I just had my anxiety attacks again and was not able to think straight. So yeah, I'm all better now. I hope you liked my update today. hehe