time to think of state deaths if they were people

oh this chapter is gonna be fucking messy

tw!! death(obviously?), suicide, abuse
======
.
.
.

Alaska - Hypothermia
Got forgotten outside in a blizzard and couldn't find any warmth fast enough. He started to lose sight of where he was because of the snow, accidentally wandered far from where any house or shelter could've been, and eventually lost consciousness on the snow. He was just barley found on the edge of a nearby forest, buried under quite a bit of snow that gathered after he'd collapsed.

Arizona - Heat stroke
Died of heat stroke when he was left alone and outside his settlement. He'd gotten pretty delusional after a while, only to end up staying outside longer, and passed out on the ground before dying.

California - High fever
At first his fever was manageable. Sure his family complained about having to deal with it, but he was still being cared for. But soon they became more and more neglectful, and abandoned him, leaving him alone in the house for multiple days while they went away.

Just to add salt on the wound, because of how high his fever was, he was both confused and loopy for most of the fever. The only time he somewhat snapped out of it, was the night he'd eventually die in, where he started sobbing when he realized that no one was coming back for him.

Colorado - Overdose
Wether it was purposeful or accidental is up for debate. He /did/ mean to take as much as he did, but also didn't plan or think it would kill him. This was also all after his classes had end, and his 'friends' were just being absolute dicks to him. He was found dead by a river bank the next morning.

Florida - Fell off a building
Was being a reckless son of a gun, and was balancing on the edge of a building. It was definitely one of the more tamer things he'd done in his life, but it was the thing that ended up killing him. Some wonder wether he was secretly hoping that he would fall, and that it wasn't just an accident. This is supported by the fact that it was almost right after Loui's death.

Georgia - Tuberculosis
Was raised in the time where tuberculosis was considered fatal, and was not wealthy enough to be able to afford anything to help. He spent his last few days just in his bed, just writing in a journal he had, all the way leading up to the his last day.

Hawaii - Blunt trauma
Was part of a mishandled abuse situation, and unfortunately died at the hands of her abuser. Although she /did try/ to get help, either no one believed her, or downplayed the situation to a dangerous degree.

Louisiana - Stabbed
Was known for practicing witchcraft, and someone got pissy about it. Well, pissy is a light way to put 'they fucking murdered him' but you get the point. He was stabbed while out in the streets, the suspect never being caught. This ended up sending his best friend Florida into a depressive state, leaving to his own state after the death.

New York - Influenza
His family couldn't afford the right medication for his sickness, which was already as dangerous as it was. It didn't help that his immune system was already pretty awful. He died listening to his brother recounting his favorite story from when they were kids.

Texas - Shot
Was the direct result of a duel between him and a known rival of his. Although he had agreed to the duel, he couldn't bring himself to pull the trigger on the other man. However, he ended up getting shot in an act of panic, and died later in the hospital.

Washington - Surgery
Complications during a medical procedure technically were the cause of his death, since he probably would've survived if there was someone competent handling the situation. Had to have an emergency surgery because of heart issues, but both was responded to very late, and was not cared for properly by the person operating.

======
I will definitely be adding more states in another chapter, but it's already pretty late