headcanons with a ✨pinch✨ of angst

A good portion of this chapter is just me speculating on some of the states backstories and how they become states, so if you don't vibe with that you can skip if you want :PPP

========

- The state's personifications have existed before they actually became a state. This is mainly just me speculating, since I'm sure the colonies would have been around when the Europeans decided to yunno, ✨pillage✨, and I don't think it would make much sense if it was any different for the other states.

- The states can't really die unless the state is dismantled, or the state just doesn't exist anymore. This one sort of applies to all the states besides DC, where he can only actually die if the whole country ever breaks or no longer exists(since he also represents the federal government)

- So by definition, the states are somewhat immortal as long as the state/country doesn't break up

- Which is pretty cash money for the most part, but there's some down sides with being immortal like watching all your mortal friends die

- But this isn't a problem as long as the states are just around the other states and form no close bonds to humans.

But like,

That's not gonna happen.

Homeboys have been alive for decades at least, a few centuries at most. Y'all think they not gonna catch feelings?

- I can't really think of some examples of this happening, but I do feel like it has happened. So if any of you angsty souls have some ideas, please write them in the comments.

========

I'm writing this in the middle of class during my group presentation.

Uh.

Sorry Valarie-