Rumors | F.W. x Reader

Summary: After Fred kisses his best friend, Y/N L/N, under the mistletoe, dating rumors start to spread. Will it break their friendship or will make way for something more?

"How's my favorite girl?" A familiar voice asked as I caught a whiff of cinnamon, firework powder, and chocolate chip cookies.

"What do you want?" I asked, turning towards the redhead behind me.

Fred gave me a look, "I don't want anything. Can't I ask how my dear best friend, Y/N L/N, is doing."

I rolled my eyes, "Well, that usually means that you want something."

He shrugged, "Maybe I do."

"And may I ask, what is it that you want?" He gave me a sweet smile that caused the butterflies to erupt in my stomach, "Look up."

I looked up, seeing mistletoe hanging where we were standing. I felt a blush rise up to my cheeks. "What if I said that I wanted a kiss?" He asked.

I turned my gaze back to him, meeting his hazel brown eyes. "Besides," he added, "I heard that it would be bad luck if two people didn't kiss when caught under a mistletoe."

I giggled, "Wouldn't want to risk that now do we?" I said as I leaned forward and kissed him.

He pulled me closer to him, our lips moving in sync. It was as if fireworks had started to erupt around me. This was easily the happiest moment of my life, kissing my best friend whom I have a crush on for the last four years. We pulled away, lungs demanding oxygen. "So," Fred said, "let's head to dinner?"

It had been a week since the kiss. I walked into the Gryffindor common room to find Hermione and Ginny excitedly whispering among themselves. When they saw me, they immediately ran up to me and dragged me to the couch.

"Why didn't you tell us Y/N?" Hermione asked, practically bouncing off the walls.

I looked at them, confused, "Tell you what?"

Ginny playfully rolled her eyes, "Come on Y/N! We already know so just say it."

"Guys, if this is about the kiss, it was because we were under the mistletoe."

It was Hermione and Ginny's turn to exchange a confused look, "Aren't you and Fred dating?" Hermione asked.

"What?! No."

The two exchanged another look, this time of disbelief.

"But rumors are spreading that you're dating Fred." The youngest Weasley said.

I gave them a small smile, "As I much as I want that to be true. But it isn't, it's just a rumor."

"Okay." Hermione said as she and Ginny plopped down beside me, "But you have to tell us about the kiss." Ginny said with a small smile.

Fred's POV

Lee, George and I has just finished setting up our prank for Filch.

"So, aren't you going to share some good news?" George asked.

I gave them a confused look, "What good news?"

Lee patted my back, "Seriously mate, stop pretending that you don't know what we're talking about."

George smirked, "Yeah, and knowing you Freddie, you would've told Lee and I the second it happened."

"Oh," I said, "It's about kissing Y/N under the mistletoe, right?"

George and Lee started laughing, "Good one Freddie! But that's not what we're talking about."