Only if it's You | x hermione's sister! reader

Summary: After a successful prank, Fred asks his girlfriend to read to him.

"Hey sis, have you seen where Harry and Ron are?" My younger sibling, Hermione, asked.

I looked up from the Transfiguration essay I was writing, "I think their heading to the courtyard."

She gave a grateful smile, 'Thanks sis!" She said before running out of the common room.

As soon as I jotted down the closing sentence of the essay, I heard the familiar loud laughter that belonged to my boyfriend and my best friend.

Fred made a beeline towards me the moment he spotted me on the couch.

"Hello baby girl." He said, pressing a small kiss on my cheek, before plopping down on the space next to me while George sat opposite of us.

"So, what are my favorite pranksters up to today?" I asked, putting away the essay.

Fred hummed, "Well, we were planning on pulling a prank on that git who was flirting with you last week."

"Wanna come?" George asked, finishing his twin's sentence as usual.

I smiled, jumping up from my seat, "I thought you'd never ask."

The twins exchanged identical grins, "Let's go then." They said in unison as the three of us walked out of the common room to set up the prank.

"How's that knot going on there?" George asked as Fred struggled to tie the knot tight enough.

"Not good." He said, "I can't get it right. It either becomes too tight or too loose."

I stepped forward, gently prying his hands away from the rope, "Let me try."

After tying the rope, I stood up, "How's that?"

George gave the rope a slight tug, "Perfect." He said with a satisfied smile, "How did you do it?"

I shrugged, "Devil's knot."

Fred chuckled, wrapping his arms around my waist, trapping me in his embrace, "I knew you were on our team for a reason."

"Because I'm the brains of the operation?" I said.

"Maybe." Fred teased.

I playfully scoffed, "Maybe? Well, then, I guess I'll just head back to the common room."

I then turned on my heel, but before I could goes as far as make a step, Fred's hand grabbed my arm and pulled me into his chest.

"Nope." He said with a small smirk, "You're not going anywhere."

George laughed, "Are you two sure that you're just dating. Because you two argue like an old married couple."

My boyfriend rolled his eyes at his twin, "Like you and Angelina aren't all lovey dovey."

"Not as much as you two." George retorted as Fred stuck his tongue out at him.

I laughed at the exchange, "You two can be so childish at times."

We then heard footsteps approaching the place we were standing.

The three of us shared a wide-eyed glance before hiding behind the nearest column and watching the prank unfold.

Just as we had planned and expected, as soon as the poor guy stepped under that certain spot, he was doused from the head to toe in slimy green goop and his black hair had turned a shade of hot pink.

The three of us snickered from our hiding place, watching the guy walk off with a pissed look on his face.

Once he was out of earshot, the three of us started having fits of laughter, George was basically sitting on the floor from laughing so hard.

While we were walking back to the common room, Fred kept his arm around my waist. We passed by the poor guy, most of the goop was cleaned off of him but his hair was still pink.

George, Fred and I glanced at each other, biting our inner cheek as it was taking all our willpower not to burst out into another fit of laughter.

The moment we arrived at our destination, Fred and I plopped down on the couch while George headed up to his dorm, muttering something about, "leaving the lovebirds to their business."

"Are you seriously going to prank every single person that flirts with me?" I asked in a teasing tone, leaning my head against his chest.

He chuckled, "I'm just showing them what happens when they mess with what's mine."

"Ya know, it's hard to believe that you're Hermione's sister." He said, threading his fingers through my hair.

I looked up at him, "Why is that?"

"Well, Hermione's this stickler to the rules and uses her every waking moment to study kind of girl. But you, you study hard and still manages to be the top of the class. But you know how to relax, how to take a break. You're able to find some sort of balance between the two."

I chuckled, "Well, that is her problem sometimes. Even as a kid, it took a lot of bribing from our parents to convince her to play out in the sun instead of staying in her room with her nose in a book."

"I think Hermione got her love of reading from you." He said.

"Of course, she did."

We sat in silence for a few minutes before Fred said, "Can you read to me?"

I looked at him in surprise, "I thought you didn't like reading."

"Yeah, but I rather enjoy it when you're reading to me. Only if it's you." He explained with a sheepish grin.

I smiled, "Okay then, what story do you want?"

He shrugged, "How about one of the stories you read before you found out that you were a witch. Just surprise me love."

"Okay then. Don't go anywhere." I said with a grin as I bounded up the stairs to my dorm but taking a little detour to Ginny's.

"Hey Ginny! Hey Hermione!" I said as I saw the two of them sitting on Ginny's bed, chatting.

"Hey Y/N!" Ginny greeted.

"What's up?" Hermione continued.

"Did you happen to feed Fred anything unusual today?" I asked the youngest Weasley.

She furrowed her brows, "No, why?"

"That's because he's asking me to read to him."

"What?!" The two girls said in awe.

"But how-"

"I have no idea."

Ginny chuckled, "You're really one of a kind Y/N. If anyone could tame the great Fred Weasley, that's you."

After sharing a small laugh, I headed up to my dorm and grabbed my favorite book.

"What story have you got there?" Fred asked, resting his head on my lap as I settled back on the couch.

"My favorite story." I said, "Romeo and Juliet."

I read to him the whole story, he listened attentively the whole, chiding in every once in a while.

"And that is the end of the story of Romeo and Juliet." I said as I closed the book.

"Wait a minute." Fred said, "So, that's it. They died?"

I shrugged, "Well yeah, that's basically how the story goes."

A small frown appeared on his face, "But aren't stories supposed to have a happy ending?"

I smiled, "Yeah, unless you're reading Shakespeare. He rarely gives his stories a happy ending."

"Can you read me another one?" He asked, giving me puppy dog eyes.

I giggled, placing a brief kiss on his lips before running up to my dorm to get another book.