Canoe Lake | Demigod/Percy Jackson!Au

Summary: The first anniversary is always important. But, what happens when your boyfriend forgets?

Being a demigod was more of monsters and battles than sunshine and rainbows.

Especially when dealing with the Godly parents who never seem to be content with their immortality and the various quests one has to put up with - it's a miracle you even have a love life at all.

Or maybe Aphrodite was just bored.

But, today couldn't be a more peaceful, a more beautiful day at Camp Half-Blood.

Why? Because today was your first year anniversary with your lovely boyfriend, Fred Weasley.

Nobody would've thought that a son of Hermes and a daughter of Y/G/P would end up together. But, the whole camp practically shipped the two of you, nonetheless.

Looking for your boyfriend, you saw him hanging out with his twin by the canoe lake.

"Hi Freddie!" You greeted rather cheerfully, pecking him on the cheek.

"Hey princess." He returned the greeting, giving you a huge smile, "What's got you in a good mood?"

Giving him a slightly confused look, you asked, "Don't you remember what day it is today?"

Fred thought about it for a moment, "Is it Friday?"

Your smile disappeared as your spirits were suddenly deflated, did he really forget?

"Yeah." You nodded, forcing a smile, "It is. I actually remembered that Hermione and I have to go do something so I'll catch you later."

"You idiot." George said as soon as you were out of sight, "Do you really not know what today is?"

His twin gave a confident grin, "Do you really think that I would forget the exact day that I asked the love of my life to be mine?"

"Then why did you-"

"Because, my dear brother, that is what you call the element of surprise. Which I will be needing if my plan is to be executed properly."

"Hey Y/N!" Hermione greeted, looking up from her book as you neared the Athena cabin.

"Hey." You said quietly, sitting down next to her on the stairs, resting your chin on the palm of your hand.

"What's wrong?" She asked, closing her book, "I would've expected you to be a bit more... cheery today. Isn't it your anniversary with Fred?"

You sighed, "That's exactly the reason why."

Hermione's forehead creased in confusion, "What do you mean? Don't tell that he forgot about today."

The sad smile that you gave her was enough of an answer.

Hermione tried to stand up but you stopped her by pulling her back down.

"I'm going to kill that idiot." She muttered, glaring in Fred's direction.

"Calm down Hermione, it's not that big of a deal." You shrugged.

She gave you a look, "Not that big of a deal? It's your anniversary for crying out loud."

"Seriously, it's fine." You insisted.

"No, it's not." She argued, "Y/N, this day signifies a huge milestone for your relationship. You can't look me in the eyes and tell me that you're not in the least bit angry that he forgot."

"Fine." You gave in, "Maybe I am mad. But, maybe I just don't want to cause a scene which would lead to us fighting which, in turn, would lead to something worse."

"You're lucky my best friend needs comforting." Hermione said with a humorless chuckle, "Or else I would've thrown your boyfriend into the lake."

You gave her a grateful smile, "Thanks Hermione."

"You really think this idea isn't, I don't know, a little bit stupid?" Ginny asked.

Fred frowned, "No, I think it's actually brilliant."

"Really?" Ginny deadpanned, "You don't think she'll be mad at you for 'forgetting your anniversary'?"

"I know she will. But, it'll be worth it. Trust me." He shrugged.

"Well, you are the boyfriend. You'll be the one facing her wrath anyway."

You sat on your bed inside your cabin, reading a book to take your mind off the fact that your special day with your boyfriend didn't turn out to be that special at all.

A small knock came on the door of the cabin.

"Go away." You muttered, turning another page of your book.

"Please." Harry's voice came from the other side of the door, "I know what's happening and I swear, this is worth it."

You closed the book, contemplating on whether or not you should open the door, "And you know this because?"

Harry grew silent for a moment, "I just do? You just have to trust me."

You sighed, "if this has anything to do with Fred, I don't want to talk to him today."

Silence again. "I promise, it has nothing to do with him."

"If I have to see him, I'm not buying you any chocolate for a week."

You could've sworn Harry gulped, "I swear. Now will you please come out."

Taking a deep breath and trying to make yourself as presentable as you could in your current state, you opened the door.

Harry flashed a sheepish grin, nodding in the direction of the canoe lake, "I swear, you'll love it."

You nodded, giving him a small smile before following him to the canoe lake.

You were lost in your train of thoughts that you had already reached the lake before you had realized that Harry had lagged behind you and now was nowhere to be found.

Directing your attention back to the scenery in front of you, a small gasp left your lips as you took in off what was actually to be seen.

A candle-lit table underneath the stars, two glasses of soda (funnily, poured into champagne glasses) and instead of the cliche vase of flowers, the centerpiece was a framed picture of you and Fred - taken six months ago.

"Surprise." You didn't even have to turn around to see who the owner of the voice was.

"Freddie," You cooed, all anger and hurt fading away into the night as you threw your arms around your boyfriend.

Fred chuckled, wrapping his arms around you tightly as he kissed the side of your head, "Happy anniversary love. Did you really think that I would forget the day that the best thing that ever happened to me happened?"

You looked up at him, "So it was all a coy? All part of the plan?"

"Of course it was." He smiled, "I only wanted to give you what you deserve for our first year celebration."

You giggled, leaning up on your tiptoes to press a brief kiss to his lips, "and for the many more to come."