Hair Cut | F.W. x Reader

"Freddie!" I squealed as I arrived at 12 Grimmauld Place, throwing my arms around the 6'3 ginger who was waiting for me at the door.

"Woah! It's only been a week, have you already missed me love?" He said teasingly. The pet name caused my heart to beat faster against my chest. Truth be told, I have had a crush on him ever since the first week of first year. But, since he was my best friend, I couldn't confess my feelings for him. In fear of destroying the relationship we already have.

But, that didn't stop anyone else from knowing. Basically, everyone else knows, everyone except Fred himself.

"Of course Freddie. I would always miss my partner in crime." I said reaching up to run my fingers through his hair, which was now cut short.

"What about me?" George said as he appeared to from the kitchen, immediately engulfing me in a hug. The rest of the Weasleys came to greet me.

"So." I said as Fred appeared beside me, "Looks like Molly attacked you with scissors the moment you came back home."

He chuckled, tucking a stray piece of hair behind my ear, "Yeah. Gave all of us a haircut. Reckon if Bill was there at that time, Mum would have attacked him too."

To be fairly honest, I preferred it when his hair was longer. Don't get me wrong, he still looked so hot and sexy with his short hair. But, I still prefer his long one.

Later that night, the two of us sat down on the couch in front of the fireplace, enjoying each other's company.

"What are you thinking about?" Fred asked as he rested his head on my lap.

I hummed, "Nothing." I said, running my fingers through his hair out of habit.

"Ya know you can't lie to me princess." He said, looking up at me.

"How sure are you?" I asked with a small smile.

"Because I know you. And now, if you don't tell me, then I'll just have to tickle it out of you." He said with a smirk as he sat up, pouncing on top of me as his hands started tickling my sides.

"Fred!" I squealed, as I tried to push him off me, but his height and size had an advantage over me.

I would've been able to wriggle my way out if Fred hadn't used his long legs to trap mine under them.

"Not until you tell me what you're thinking about." He said as he continued his assault.

"Okay! Okay!" I said, giving in as he smiled.

"So, what were you thinking about?" He asked.

"Your hair." I said, giving him a small smile.

"My hair?" He repeated, furrowing his brows. "What's wrong with it?"

I giggled, "Nothing. Don't get me wrong, you still look handsome with short hair, but I prefer your longer one."

He blushed at the compliment, "Why?"

I shrugged, "I think I just got used to running my fingers through your hair."

He looked down, trying to hide the small smile that was growing on his lips.

"I actually love it when you run your fingers through my hair." He admitted quietly, a small shining light glowing in his eyes.

I smiled as I made grabby hands towards him, "C'mere then."

He laid his head on my lap as I repeated the actions I was doing earlier.

"I love you." He suddenly blurted out, gazing towards the fireplace.

"What?" I asked, uncertain of what I heard.

"I love you." He repeated, looking up at me, love and adoration coating his eyes.

He took my hand and kissed my knuckle, rubbing his hand across the back, "More than a friend. I always have. And I can't hide it anymore. I have had this massive crush on you for so long that if I don't tell you what I feel now, I don't know when."

I giggled, leaning down to kiss him, "I love you too Freddie."

He grinned as he sat up and pulled me onto his lap, having me straddle him before leaning in and kissing me again.

As our lips moved in harmony, my hands instinctively flew to his hair, slightly tugging it.

"Oi! Oi!' A sly voice said causing us to pull apart.

George stood a few feet away, a smug smile on his face, "Finally! Took you two long enough."

"Oh, sod off!" Fred chastised his twin, throwing a pillow at him, "You're ruining a moment here."