Hugs and Kisses | F.W. x Reader

Summary: Y/N is not a big fan of physical contact and Fred finds out why.

Warning/s: mentions of abuse, violence, mentions of physical abuse in the past, mention of a gun, bruises

Flashbacks are in italics.

Like everyone else, I have a pet peeve.

Mine was physical contact. Not that I didn't like touching others, I was fine if someone rested their elbow on my shoulder, but hugging, holding hands, putting an arm around someone's shoulder/waist. No thanks.

I was walking out of the library with Angelina when I suddenly felt an elbow rest on my right shoulder.

I breathed in the familiar scent of cinnamon and firework powder.

"Hey Freddie." I said, turning to ginger by my side.

"Hey Princess." He said, keeping his elbow on my shoulder as George appeared next to Angelina and the four of us started to head towards the common room.

Butterflies flew around in my stomach at the nickname, hopefully the blush on my cheeks wasn't that visible.

"You guys remember the first time Fred attempted to put an arm around Y/N?" George asked, out of the blue, causing Angelina, Fred and I to laugh.

"Oh yeah." Angelina said, "That was so hilarious."

Snow lightly dropped down from the heavens. Painting the ground white and letting out a small chill into the air.

The twins and I were building a snowman outside, very innocent and calm from the usual chaos and havoc we caused, but who doesn't enjoy building a snowman?

But that peaceful atmosphere was soon destroyed when George threw a snowball at Fred. Thus, the peaceful activity of building a snowman soon transitioned into a huge chaotic snowball fight.

"Oi!" I scolded as a poorly aimed snowball from Fred hit my shoulder.

I scooped up some snow, it was time to join the fun.

"Okay! Okay! I give up!" George said, both hands up in mock surrender as he came out from behind the tree he was hiding.

A smirk grew on Fred's lips, "See? You can't beat the dream team." He teased as he put an arm around my shoulder.

Out of instinct, I immediately pulled away, looking up to see Fred and George both taken aback.

"Sorry." Fred immediately apologized, "Did I make you uncomfortable or anything?"

I shook my head, "No. You could never make me uncomfortable. It's just, I'm not a huge fan of physical contact."

The twins looked at each other, probably using their twin telepathy to communicate.

"Any type of physical contact?" George asked.

I shrugged, "Not all. I suppose that there are exceptions."

Fred then stepped forward, cautiously resting his elbow on my shoulder, "Is this okay?"

I nodded, giving him a reassuring smile. "It's okay."

"Fred's face was absolutely priceless." George said, aiming a teasing smile at his twin, "He looked he'd been given an electric shock."

"Maybe he couldn't believe that the prettiest girl he ever laid eyes on would react like that." Angelina added.

I rolled my eyes at the both of them, "Piss off you two before I smother you two with the nearest deadly object I find."