Winter at the Burrow | F.W.

Summary: In a cold winter night at the Burrow, you decided to pick up a random sweater in your room.

Even though you were gathered around the fireplace, you were still shivering in the frigid air.

"Are you okay Y/N?" Ginny asked, giving you a slightly concerned look.

You scooted a bit closer to the fireplace, "Yeah. I'm fine. Nothing to worry about."

"Are you shivering? Do you need Fred to warm you up?" Hermione teased with a small smile.

You threw a pillow at her, causing Ginny and Hermione to start laughing hysterically.

"You know what," You said, standing up, "I'll be right back – I'll just get a sweater."

"You feeling cold princess?" Fred asked from the couch.

You nodded, "Yeah, I was just going to get a sweater."

"How about I warm you up instead?" He suggested, winking at you.

A blush suddenly made its way up to your cheeks and before you could even react, Molly smacked him at the back of the head with the dishtowel she was holding,

"Frederick Gideon Weasley! Where are your manners?"

While the others were surely going to die from laughing, you ran up to your shared room with the girls and grabbed the sweater that rested on your sleeping place.

Putting it on, you felt the warmth spreading all over your body and seeping through your veins.

Heaving a small and satisfied sigh, you breathed in a familiar scent – it was on the tip of your tongue but you couldn't quite put your finger on it.

You headed back down to the living room, seeing Ginny nudge Hermione while nodding towards you.

"Is there something on my face?" You asked, furrowing your brows

The youngest Weasley and the bushy haired female tried to stifle a giggle as they shook their head, "Nothing."

Playfully squinting at the two of them, you shrugged it off – sitting down and rejoining the conversation.

-

The clock had struck midnight, almost everyone had already retired to bed but you were practically still brimming with energy.

Trying to lull yourself to sleep with a good old book, your feet were propped up on the armrest of the couch.

You were so indulged into the novel, that you didn't notice your boyfriend coming into the room.

He leaned against the doorframe, admiring you from afar – then he suddenly spoke up,

"Is that my sweater? You look so cute."

You jumped slightly before relaxing the moment you saw him, looking down at the sweater that you wore – it was indeed his. That explained the smell and the look Ginny and Hermione gave you.

Smiling at him, you said, "I just borrowed it."

Fred laughed, moving your legs so he could sit down next to you, "Yeah. You borrowed it 5 months ago and didn't return it. Doesn't that count as stealing?"

You pretended to think about it for a moment, "I think I prefer the term permanently borrowing."

He jokingly rolled his eyes at you, "You're lucky that I love you and that you look adorable drowning in my sweater."