Sing a Song for Me | F.W.

Summary: You have Tourettes but you don't tell Fred. But, he is smarter than he lets on.

At first, having Tourettes was quite a challenge.

You never thought someone would accept that part of you.

Until you met Fred Weasley.

When the two of you first started dating, you didn't tell him about your condition at all. At first, Fred thought that the twitching of your index finger was just a force of habit - until he noticed that the twitching only stopped whenever you would hum a song under your breath.

The two of you were studying for your exams inside the library.

Even though exams were coming up, that didn't prevent the teachers from giving you what seemed like a never ending pile of workload.

You were so stressed out that you noticed that your index finger started twitching.

Taking a deep breath, you hummed a song under your breath causing the twitching to gradually stop.

What you failed to notice - that Fred had seen the twitching too.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah." You nodded, "Why?"

"I just noticed your finger was twitching." He said.

"Oh," You said, heart racing against your chest as you waved it off, "Nothing. It's just a force of habit."

"You sure?" He asked, raising a brow at you.

You nodded, giving him a reassuring smile, "Positive."

Knowing that he wouldn't be able to pry the truth from you, he went to the person who basically knew everything: Hermione.

After inquiring with his brother, he found the brightest witch of her age in the library - the most obvious location.

"Hey Hermione." Fred casually said, sliding into the seat opposite of her.

"If Ron sent you here to convince me to give him the answers to our Charms homework, then the answer is still no." Hermione said, not even bothering to look up from her essay.

"Ron didn't send me here - I am coming to you on my own accord because I need your wisdom." Fred said.

"Wisdom on what exactly?" Hermione asked.

"Something about my girlfriend." He answered.

Hermione furrowed her brows, "Why? Is there something wrong? What happened?"

Fred shook his head, "It's not about our relationship - we're fine. It's about one of her "habits" in particular."

"Fred, I can't read minds." Hermione quipped, starting to get impatient.

"Well, you see she has this 'habit' where her index finger twitches but when I asked her about it, she said that it was just a 'habit'." He explained.

"When does the twitching stop?" Hermione asked.

"Whenever she sings a song under her breath."

"Is there a pattern to when this mostly happens?"

Fred thought about it for a moment, "As far as I know, whenever she is stressed."

Hermione stayed silent, anyone could practically see the gears turning in her head,

"I need to make sure I have the right idea, once I've checked it - I'll tell you what I think."

Fred gave a grateful smile, "Thanks Hermione."

Hermione managed to give him an idea just before dinner.

"I got it. I know what she has." Hermione declared.

"What is it?" Fred asked.

"From what I've read - she could have Tourettes, and I checked her medical records with Madam Pomfrey - it is confirmed." She explained.

"Okay, slow down." Fred said, "What's Tourettes?"

"It's basically a condition where they subconsciously do a certain thing, like the twitching of a finger, and it just happens even worse when they're stressed."

"And what does the singing has to do with it?"

"They can do something to be able to control the tics - and for your girlfriend's case, it's singing."

"Why didn't she tell me?" Fred muttered, not knowing that Hermione heard him.

"Isn't it obvious?" The girl scoffed, "She's insecure, Fred. So many girls try to woo you with their charms everyday. She's scared that if you find out about her condition - you'll change the way how you look at her and you won't find her as attractive as you originally thought."

"That's nonsense! I don't care about that - if anything, it makes me love her even more." Fred protested.

Hermione shrugged, "Don't tell that to me - I'm not your girlfriend."

"Hey sweetheart." Fred greeted, pressing a kiss to your cheek as he sat down beside you on the couch in the common room.

"Hi Freddie." You said, giving him a smile.

"What're you doing?" He asked casually.

"Just finishing this essay." You answered.

Fred stayed by your side, brainstorming ideas for the shop when your index finger started twitching - which you failed to notice.

"Sing a song for me." He finally spoke up.

You gave him a confused look, still not noticing the twitching, "What?"

"Your finger is twitching and it goes away if you sing." Fred pointed out, "So, sing a song for me."

You started to sing, the twitching gradually stopping.

Once the twitching had stopped, the two of you stayed in silence.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Fred asked, breaking the silence.

"About?"

"Your condition."

You avoided his gaze, contemplating on what you should tell him,

"I was scared." You admitted, "I didn't know how you would react and I was scared that it would be a factor in ending our relationship."

Fred engulfed you in a hug, running his fingers through your hair, "Princess, I don't care if you have something that others don't. It actually makes me love you even more. And no matter how many girls try to flirt with me, heck even if Veelas start flirting with me, I only have eyes for you and no one else but you."

This caused you to smile as you leaned forward and pressed a brief kiss to his lips, "How did I get so lucky?

"Hey! That's my line."