Caring | F.W. x Reader

For most people, a peaceful Sunday afternoon meant having your surroundings quiet while enjoying a good book or taking a relaxing walk to clear your mind.

The Weasley twins however, had a different definition of a "peaceful afternoon". Their idea of it, somehow, consisted of: smoke, little explosions that happen at least every 10 minutes and endless experiments.

Thankfully, Hogwarts didn't have any fire alarms. Or else we would've been expelled a very long time ago.

When I arrived at their dorm, I gently knocked on the door.

"Come in!" My boyfriend's voice granted me permission to enter.

I opened the door and stepped inside, seeing my boyfriend hunched over his desk, working on one of his inventions.

I walked over to him and started to massage his shoulders gently, causing him to groan while leaning back in his seat.

"Hello baby girl." He greeted, obviously trying to stifle another groan, "That feels so good."

"You seem so tense Freddie." I cooed, running my fingers through his hair, "What're you working on?"

Fred shrugged, "Just trying to perfect this prototype of the Extendable Ears. But, I think I've already got it."

"Can I see?" I asked as he stood up and stretched.

"Sure." He answered, walking over to his bedside table to get a bottle of water.

I picked up the prototype and it was perfectly fine. Until it started to heat up rapidly, causing me to drop it, "Ouch!
My boyfriend immediately ran to my side, his line of vision alternating between me and the now smoking prototype, "What happened? Are you okay? Are you hurt?"

I looked at him, "I'm so sorry! I don't know what happened. It just started heating up like crazy."

"Darling." He cut me off, "I don't care about the prototype right now. I need to know whether you got hurt or not."

"Well, I think that I might've burned myself a bit." I said, "But, I'm fine."

"No you're not!" He protested, gently running his thumb over my hand, "You got hurt."

"Freddie, don't worry about it. It's nothing serious." I tried to reason with him, but he refused to listen.

"It may not be serious to you, but it is to me." Fred reasoned, "Honestly woman, I'm your boyfriend, it is basically my job to protect you at all costs."

So, he made me sit on his bed with my back leaning against the headboard. He then brought me an ice pack, a blanket, some sweets, a small basket of movies and a bottle of water.

"How're you feeling princess?" He asked, pressing a kiss to the top of my head.

"I'm fine." I answered, "Freddie, I love that you're trying to take care of me and all. It's so sweet, but I'm really fine. You don't have to overreact."

He sighed, plopping down next to me, "Sorry princess. I just hate seeing you hurt. But, do you still want the sweets, movies and cuddles?"

I giggled, pressing a kiss to his lips, "You really know how to take care of me."