Not Everything is for the Public Eye | F.W.

Summary: You like pranks in general, until one is pulled on you in front of a crowd.

The main reason why you fell for Fred Weasley was his spontaneity.

He pulled pranks on anyone who dared to mess with him or the ones he loved, even if he could get detention in doing so.

To be honest, you were a bit surprised when he first asked you out. Sure, you enjoyed their pranks and all - but you were shy and quiet.

Nevertheless, your date with him was magical. He took you to get some butterbeer at The Three Broomsticks, then surprised you with a picnic at the top of the hill - overlooking the sunset. While the sun painted the horizon with brilliant shades of orange and gold, the two of you shared a kiss.

Now, the two of you had just surpassed your six month milestone and the two of you couldn't be happier.

But, being his girlfriend didn't guarantee you the safe zone from his and George's pranks.

You were okay with that - but the problem is, you weren't okay with it being done in a crowd.

Problem is: Fred didn't know that.

You and your boyfriend were in your Charms class, hands interlocked together - you were busy jotting notes while Fred, on the other hand, seemed to be busy staring at you.

You tried to suppress a smile as you continued on jotting down your notes, "Is there a possibility that there is something on my face that you don't want to tell me about because I don't see anything interesting about me that is more interesting than our lesson."

'There's nothing on your face." Fred said, still looking at you, "And it is actually true that you are more interesting than any lesson."

You giggled quietly, "I don't believe that."

He started tracing random patterns on your skin, "Nothing you say can change my mind."

"Maybe that's because you always copy off my notes." You said, poking your tongue out at him.

"That's a benefit of dating you." He teased, pressing a kiss to your cheek.

"Oh really," You said, jokingly raising a brow at him, "So, you're dating me for the benefits?"

He dramatically gasped, "Of course not! How could you accuse me of such a deed! The benefits are just a bonus. As if dating you isn't the most heavenly thing in the world."

"Uh huh." You mused, "What else are the benefits that come from dating me?"

Fred pretended to think about it, "Well, your hair is so soft and I love running my hands through it. Your kisses are basically a slice of heaven. Darling, the list could go on forever."

"Charming one, aren't you?"

"My charms are the reason you fell for me in the first place."

"Cheeky one too."

You and Fred had departed earlier because he and George had to set up a prank. You would've joined them - but, you still had an essay to finish - the sooner you push that out of your to do list, the better.

"Heading to the library too?" Angelina, George's girlfriend and your best friend, suddenly appeared by your side.

You nodded, "Yeah. I want to get this essay over with."

"Me too, honestly." She chuckled, "I tried convincing George to also work on his - but, he'd rather set up a prank than sit down and write about the benefits of the Draught of the Living Dead."

The statement caused you to laugh, "It's literally the same with Fred, but who could blame them? They are twins after all."

As soon as you said this, you felt a cold and sticky substance cover you from head to toe along with a gasp from Angelina.

A familiar laugh reached your ears, a laugh that you could easily pick out from a crowd of thousands.

Who's laugh would it be, except for your boyfriend's?

He and George were laughing hysterically at the sight of you falling into their little trap, along with a few of the students who were witnesses to the spectacle.

Too embarrassed to even continue on to the library, you turned and ran out of the "crime scene" as fast as you could.

When Fred saw this, he stopped laughing immediately and became confused. He thought you loved his pranks, why weren't you laughing with him now?

He gave Angelina a questioning look in an attempt to figure out what was wrong, but the girl just shrugged.

The audience started to thin out and the only ones left were the twins and Angelina.

"Was she in a bad mood?" Fred asked.

Angelina shook her head, "No. She was actually in a pretty good mood, until - you know."

"Do you think that the prank upset her?" Fred said, looking at George.

"Don't ask me. I'm not her boyfriend." George said, "Besides, I thought she liked pranks?"

"I'll go talk to her." Fred finally decided - running in the direction wherein his girlfriend escaped.

"Princess?" He called out, searching for you everywhere, "Darling, are you okay?"

An idea on your whereabouts suddenly popped into his head, he just had to hope that you were there.

He found you sitting by a bench near the corridor where you usually go when you want to be alone with your thoughts.

"Hey sweetheart." Fred said quietly, sitting down next to you.

"Hey." You returned the greeting, not looking at him.

"Is anything wrong?" He asked, brushing a strand of hair away from your eyes.

"Maybe."

"Did I do anything to upset you?"

You sighed, "It's not about what you did - but, rather, where the incident happened."

His brows furrowed, "What do you mean?"

"Well, you know that I love your pranks and I don't mind if you pull some on me. But, I just don't like it if you do it in public because I feel like I'm being humiliated." You said.

"I'm so sorry sweetheart." He said, pressing a kiss to your forehead, "I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable and if I made you feel humiliated. Thank you so much for telling me."

"It's okay." You smiled, "I'm sorry for not telling you sooner."