Insecurities | F.W.

The world contains a lot of life's biggest mysteries. But for you, it wasn't "why is the sky blue?" or "what is the true meaning of life?" For you, life's biggest mystery was, "How in the name of Merlin did the Fred Weasley choose me?"

It's not that you didn't feel like the luckiest girl in the world when you were with Fred - you did. But, there were days when you wondered exactly how could he choose you over the millions of girls in the whole of Hogwarts' population.

Fred would always make you feel like a princess, spoiling you silly with kisses and affection.

But, that didn't help you avoid days like this.

You had just finished writing your Transfiguration essay in the library.

Heading out and practically sprinting to the courtyard because you had promised your boyfriend that you'll meet up with him once you had finished your essay.

As soon as you turned the corner and was about to run to the spot where Fred was waiting, your heart sank in your chest at the sight in front of you.

Fred stood there with a girl. The two of them were laughing and that's when you got a good look at her.

She was way prettier than you and if you didn't hold the title - you would've assumed that she was Fred's girlfriend.

Merlin, the two of them even look good together.

You felt like you were having a hard time breathing and you didn't want to just break down into tears so you ran.

You didn't even have a clear destination in mind, you just ran.

Your legs practically led you to the bathroom. Gripping the sink tightly, you took deep breaths.

"What's wrong Y/N?" Myrtle's voice cooed, "Your boyfriend finally left you?"

"Go away Myrtle, now is not the time." You sniffed.

The girl gave a short, "Hmph." before diving back into a toilet.

"Love?" The familiar voice of the redhead who was obviously too good for you, reached your ears.

You gave him no reply, gripping the sink harder as you tried not to let your tears fall.

He placed a hand on your back, rubbing it in a comforting manner as he looked at you, "Please tell me what's wrong. I saw you running from the courtyard."

Fred pulled you into a hug, allowing you to sob into his chest.

"Why are you even with me?" You asked in between your tears.

"Now princess, what kind of a question is that?" He asked, using a finger to lift your head up.

"There are so many prettier and better girls out there - so why me?"

"Love." Fred said, pressing a kiss to your forehead, "Because in my eyes, you're the most beautiful and the most amazing one of them all. You love me for me. If anything, I'm the one who's lucky enough to have you. And if anyone has a problem with that - they can say it to my face and I'll gladly shove some fireworks up their arse."

You laughed, looking up at him to see hearts in his eyes, "Thank you Freddie."

"Anything for my princess."