This Time, I'm Here | F.W. x Reader

Summary: Fred has been acting distant lately, and Y/N finally decides to confront her boyfriend.

For the past few days, Fred had been acting weird.

He had been acting quite distant, I didn't see him as often as usual. And on the rare occasions when I did see him, he opted for a small peck on the lips before heading off to Merlin knows where.

I tried not to think of the worst possible scenario, and Angelina had reminded me that Fred loved me to death and that even the Veelas that arrived at Hogwarts during our sixth year didn't have any affect on him even though half of Hogwarts was practically drooling over them.

I knew that I had to talk to him.

"Freddie?" I asked, when I saw him in the common room.

"Hi sweetheart." He greeted with a small smile as I sat down next to him, "What's wrong?"

"Can we talk Freddie?" I asked, "You've been acting distant lately."

He seemed taken aback by the request as he nodded, fear starting to cower in his eyes as the both of us made our way to his dorm.

"Look." He said, as the door closed behind us, "Before you say anything, please don't break up with me."

"I won't." I promised, "Just be honest with me okay?"

He nodded, "Of course, I would never lie to you."

I took a deep breath, "Are you cheating on me?"

"What?" He said, his eyes widening, "Of course not! Princess, you know that I would never do that."

"Then why? Why are you so distant lately? Is it something I did? Just tell me Fred." I said.

He looked down at his feet, "Well, the thing is..."

I raised a brow at him, crossing my arms over my chest as I waited for an answer.

Fred sighed, "You know that George and I are planning our big escape for next week?"

I nodded, "Yeah, what about it?"

"Well." He said, his voice cracking a bit, "I've been thinking lately and-"

"Frederick Gideon Weasley! Don't tell me you're going to be one who'd be breaking up with me."

He shook his head, "No darling, I'm not."

"It's just, we're going out into the world to start the shop. But we have no idea if it will really succeed. What if we crash and burn? What if all our efforts go to waste? Then what? Mum will be disappointed, Harry will be disappointed, George will be disappointed. And you, you will be so ashamed of me because I am nothing but a failure." Fred let out everything that had been stressing him out, that had been keeping him so distant away from me for the past week.

For the first time in my life, I saw Fred Weasley in such a vulnerable state. The guy who I always knew had a smile on his face. The guy whose main mission in life was to make everyone laugh. Was now crying.

"Freddie." I cooed, engulfing him in a hug as the tears continued to fall down to his cheeks, "Why didn't you tell any of us? Why didn't you tell George or me? You know we're always here for you."

He sniffed, hugging me tighter, "I'm sorry. I just didn't want to be a burden."

I cupped his face in my hands, looking into his eyes, "Freddie, you'll never ever be a burden. But you don't have to do this alone, this time, I'm here."