Save a Life, Secure a Future | F.W.

Warning/s: Death, Fred's "death" (for a brief moment), eloping

Summary: During the Battle of Hogwarts, Y/N knows a way to save Fred.

Flashbacks are in italics

We watched as lights started to shower through the skies, protective enchantments casing Hogwarts, surrounding our second home.

On the 2nd of May 1998, we knew that it was time to fight.

The twins and I watched from one of the lookout towers at Hogwarts.

George nudged his twin, "You okay Freddie?"

"Yeah," He answered, "How about you?"

"I'm fine."

He turned to me, "And you princess?"

I looked at him, giving him a small smile, "I'm good."

He interlocked our hands together, tucking a stray piece of hair behind my ear,

"Can I ask you something princess?" He asked.

I gave George a questioning look over my boyfriend's shoulder, to which he just shrugged, "Sure, what is it?"

He looked down at our interlocked hands, "I know that this isn't the right time to ask. But I just want something to look forward to in the midst of this madness. Heck, I don't even have a bloody ring. But, when all this is over, Y/N L/N, will you marry me?"

I gave a small chuckle, this was exactly like Fred Weasley, impulsive but spontaneous. And that's what I loved about him.

I pressed a brief kiss on his lips, "Of course I'll marry you, Freddie. I wouldn't want anything more in this world."

He grinned as he engulfed me in a tight hug, "I love you." He said as he peppered my face with kisses.

I giggled, "I love you too."

"Hate to interrupt the sweet moment." George said, sporting a small smile, "But, we've got a war to fight in."

Fred and I refused to leave each other's side during the course of the battle.

The two of us were standing by the Room of Requirement with Percy by our side. He had finally realized that his family was right all along and decided to fight alongside them in the battle.

Despite how much of a prat Percy has been, Fred was still the first one to welcome him back with open arms.

"Hey minister!" Percy shouted, throwing a spell at the man he used to work for, "Did I mention that I'm resigning?"

Fred's eye lit up as he gave his older brother a proud look, "You're joking Perce! You're actually joking. I haven't heard you joke since you were-"

What Fred wanted to say next was cut off as the wall in front of us suddenly exploded. The momentum throwing us back while debris flew around. Time seemed to slow down as I hit the ground, instinctively throwing my arms over my head as blocks of stone surrounded me.

"Fred! Y/N! Are you okay?" Percy's frantic shouts could be heard.

I sat up, my head throbbing slightly, "I'm okay!"

"How about you Fred?" Percy called out, but no answer came.

Percy and I exchanged a look of horror as I called out, in hopes of him answering, "Freddie?"

Silence.

I immediately stood up, looking around in hopes of seeing my boyfriend somewhere, dusting off his clothes with his signature grin.