Song of an Angel | Fred W. x Reader

Summary: To Fred, his girlfriend's laugh is a song of an angel.

Warning/s: Mentions of blood, war, pregnancy

Flashback is in italics.

(Fred's POV)
To me, her laugh was one of the greatest sounds in the whole wide world. She thinks that it's obnoxious, but I beg to differ, I think that it's cute.

It's like the heavens opened up and the angels started singing. Her laugh is calming, similar to the sound of ocean waves touching the shore on a lazy Sunday morning.

She hated it, but to me, it was the song of an angel.

Her laugh always depended on her mood, it wasn't noticeable but I could always tell them apart.

We were sitting in the Gryffindor common room, the faint light of dawn appearing through the windows as Y/N and I stayed cuddled up on the couch.

I told her about a prank my twin and I had pulled on Snape earlier that day. She started laughing. It was the kind of laugh that almost made her eyes disappear as she clutched her stomach. It was the laugh that instantly awakened the butterflies inside of me.

It was the laugh that made me all fuzzy inside. It was the laugh that made me feel like the luckiest person in the whole wide world.

Gryffindor had just won a Quidditch match against Slytherin. Y/N, George and I were walking back from the locker rooms when we passed by Pucey's group.

"Oi L/N!" Pucey calls out, causing the three of us to look at him.

"What?" Y/N answers.

"I don't know what a pretty thing like you does hanging around with losers like those Weasels." He said, laughing amongst his buddies.

Before George and I could react, my girlfriend had beaten us to it, "What did you say Pucey? I didn't quite catch it the first time." She said, giving a snicker as she looked at him in distaste. That laugh of hers meant she was ready to fight. It made me feel a sense of pride because it shows that absolutely no one can mess with my girl.

Before he could even repeat what he had just said, Y/N had already walked two steps towards him and punched his face so hard that his blood splattered on her knuckle.

She pointed a finger at the Slytherin, "Talk about them like that and you'll get so much more than just a bloody nose."

"And then Ron ran out of the dorm, screaming like a girl. He was scared out of his bloody mind." I stopped telling the story when I heard no response from her.

"Y/N, sweetheart, are you okay?" I asked, stopping in my tracks as she looked at me.

Her eyes told me that she was not okay but she mustered a small smile as she gave a brittle and hollow laugh. The laugh that failed to hide the fact that she was feeling miserable. It broke my heart that she was trying to cover up her feelings.

"Of course I'm fine Freddie." She said, "Why wouldn't I be?"

"Darling," I said, placing a hand on her cheek, "I know you're not okay so please tell me what's wrong."

She sighed, burying her head into my chest as she wrapped her arms around my torso, "Fine. You got me, I had a very bad day."

I rubbed her back comfortingly, "Sweetheart, why didn't you tell me?"

She sniffed, "You were just so happy while telling me the story and I didn't want to ruin your mood."

I pressed a kiss on the top of her head, "Princess, you can tell me everything. I'm sorry for not noticing it before."

It was almost time to fight. George, Y/N and I watched from one of the towers of Hogwarts the lights that danced around the castle, covering it with protective enhancements.

I interlocked my hand with my girlfriend's, "Don't worry princess, we'll make it out of here together."

She gave a nervous laugh, one that tried to enlighten the mood but failed to cover the fear that grew in her eyes.

"Hey," I said as she turned her gaze back to me, "We'll be fine. I'm not going anywhere without you."

She smiled, pressing a kiss on my lips, "Don't go making any promises you can't keep."

"Don't worry sweetheart, I have every intention of keeping this one."

"You think we got away from him Freddie?" George asks as we hid inside an empty room.

"I think we did Georgie." I said as I started to look around the room.

I saw a giant mirror in front of us, the words Mirror of Erised engraved on top.

I took a look, expecting to see my reflection but I saw something else.

It was me and Y/N, we were all grown-up. And married. We were standing in front of a small house. And there were two kids, a boy and a girl, running around, both of them were ginger.
And Y/N smiled up at me as she placed a hand on her stomach, a small bump peeping through her shirt.

"Whatcha thinking about Freddie?" Y/N asked, as she rested her hands on her knees, her wedding band glimmering under the sunlight.

"Nothing important." I reassured, helping her stand up as she leaned against me.

"Kids! Stop tiring your mother! She's pregnant and she needs rest!" I called out to the two little gingers chasing each other around the yard.

"Okay dad!" The kid answered.

She laughed, the laugh that was music to my ears, the laugh that was a song of an angel.
"Honestly Freddie, I'm fine."

I pressed a kiss to her temple, "You're pregnant. You need rest."

She rolled her eyes, "Whatever you say Freddie."

"Let me remind you love, that's just our third child. We still have four more to go."