Quiet with Chaos | F.W. x Reader

Summary: After abruptly leaving a party, Fred confronts Y/N. Only to fall for her in a matter of days

Warning/s: Cormac Mclaggen, a little angst towards the end

A/N: One of the scenes here is inspired by the one in Little Women where Laurie confesses his love to Jo. You have been warned.

The life of every party, one half of the Weasley pranksters, and one of the hottest boys in the whole Hogwarts population. Those were a few words to describe Fred Weasley.

Y/N L/N, on the other hand, was the complete opposite of him. You were quiet, reserved and had social anxiety. You weren't entirely sure how you were sorted into Gryffindor in the first place.

The three of you weren't that close, exchanging conversations from time and time and saying "Hi" whenever you passed by each other in the corridors.

There was a party being held in the common room in celebration of Gryffindor winning the Quidditch Cup.

You would've been more than content with staying in your dorm room in the company of a good book, but your friends had very different plans.

"Come on Y/N!" One of them said, trying to pull you out of the dorm room door, "You can't keep on doing this!"

You tried to fight back, "I can and I will most definitely will!"

"Nope." Your other friend said from behind you, pushing you out of the door, "You are going to this party whether you like it or not! We know you have social anxiety, but you're not helping yourself by not fixing it!"

Your third friend just stood by the side, "If you attend the party, I'll get you a book."

You looked her in the eye, giving on up on trying to fight your friends, "I'll hold you to that."

That's how you ended up standing in the corner of a very noisy and chaotic common room.

They just said that you had to attend the party – not interact with anyone or participate.

"Hey beautiful," Cormac Mclaggen suddenly approached you, flashing you a sickening smile.

You were vaguely aware of the fact that you were sweating and that your heart was pounding in your chest.

"Could you please not call me beautiful," you said, not being able to look at him.

Cormac completely ignored your request, "What's a pretty little thing like you standing alone in the corner?"

The longer you spent with him, the dizzier and more nauseous you felt. But, no matter what you did or said – you couldn't shake the obnoxious Gryffindor off.

When you felt yourself reaching your peak, you excused yourself as politely as possible and running out of the common room.

Once you were able to get away from the crowded place, you leaned against the wall – taking deep breaths and hugging yourself tightly.

"Are you okay?" A voice said, causing you to open your eyes and see the ginger male standing in front of you.

"Kind off not." You shrugged, looking down at your feet, "It's Fred, right?"

He nodded, giving you a small smile as he sat down right next to you, "It is. I saw you run out earlier, did something happen?"

Leaning back, you sigh, "Mclaggen kept on bothering me and I'm not really comfortable being around so many people so I left."